After our round of Pranks for Kids and our list of Best April Fools Day Pranks, we got lots of suggestions of fun pranks to pull on kids from you, our readers! Check out 13 of the Best April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids!
Funny April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids
This post contains affiliate links.
- Tape the light switch so they can’t flip it. For younger kids, used colored tape. For older kids, clear tape molded to the shape of the switch is best. Make them wonder why the light is not moving!
- Decorate a sponge as a piece of cake, with this idea from Instructables. Coat a sponge with icing, and let it sit out on the counter. See if your kiddos can resist taking a bite.
April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids
- Replace eggs in the carton with “naked eggs”. the science experiment. The kids will be in awe of this science experiment! The squishy giant eggs are edible, but taste awful!
- Have a note appear in the toilet paper, with this fun prank from Instructables! As they pull on the roll, the message pulls out, toward them. You need tape, toilet paper, and an unknowing participant.
Easy Pranks for Kids
- A little scare never hurts… Dig out the old baby monitor, keep the “baby” side with you, and put the adult one where your kids are. As they do something innocuous, shriek at them, “Someone’s watching!”
- Make these meatloaf cupcake muffins from Courtney’s Sweets. They will look like delicious cupcakes, so the kids will think they are getting dinner for dessert! (Maybe have a few actual cupcakes waiting in the wings for dessert).
- Short sheet your kids’ beds! My grandmother did this to me once, when I was growing up. I climbed into bed, and only had a foot or two of sheets. I re-made my bed, laughing the entire time!
The Best April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids
- Use party poppers in a variety of pranks. One reader says that they “would tie them to the door handles, and then to something outside the room, so that when they open the door, it pops the popper.”
- Another reader’s sneaky brother (uncle to the kids),”would hide in the closet with a mask on then call the home phone with his cell phone, and ask the kids to go in and get something out of the closet. Then, when they came in, he jumped out at them.” Uncles are the best big kids!
- Pull off an April Fool’s Day breakfast prank! Pour cereal and milk into a bowl, and freeze it the night before. the night before and freezing it. In the morning, pour a little milk on top to cover up the prank, and then get your camera ready for some confused little faces!
- Make eyeball ice cubes! This prank is so fun and easy! Using food markers, and mini marshmallows, create eyes, and then place them in an ice cube tray, filled with water. Freeze, and voilà! Instant prank!
- Use a toilet paper cardboard roll to make spooky eyes! This prank is awesome, because we all have a ton of tp rolls right now! Cut the shape of some creepy eyes into them, and then add a glow stick. Hide in a bush, or somewhere inside the house, for a spooky prank!
- Our last suggestion is one of my favorites…pick a ridiculous argument. Choose a silly side of an argument, and start arguing with your child. I usually start with something like, “Stop begging! No matter how hard you fight, I just won’t allow you to go to school.” It catches them off-guard and then they start automatically arguing the other side. No matter what they say, keep misquoting them and pushing your silly argument. This often works well for bedtime battles, because eventually they are just worn out by the ridiculousness!
Above all…have fun!
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited is a digital service that provides educational, curated, age-appropriate games and entertainment for kids! You can get one month for FREE! Click HERE!
More April Fool’s Day Pranks And Silly Activities for Kids
- Love these April Fool’s Day pranks? Then check out these april fools pranks for kids.
- Make breakfast exciting with these april fools day breakfast ideas.
- This fishing for a dollar prank is a classic!
- You can make ice cubes that look like eyeballs for this hilarious eyeball prank.
- Sleeping pranks can make nap time that much more fun!
- Bath time can be silly too with this blue bath water prank.
- This kids kissing parents prank is adorable and funny.
- Looking for even more pranks? This three balloon prank is a hoot!
- These practical jokes for kids are fun and lighthearted.
- Tired of pranks? We have silly faces printables that will make anyone laugh!
- These silly stocking stuffers will make Christmas morning a lot more fun!
- Fuel your child’s creative side with these silly crafts for toddlers.
- Have hours of fun with these silly games for kids.
- Looking for more fun activities? We have plenty of fun coloring games your child is sure to love.
What is your favorite April Fool’s Day prank? Comment below!