Let’s play a funny prank!
After our round of Pranks for Kids and our list of Best April Fools Day Pranks, we got lots of suggestions of fun pranks to pull on kids from you, our readers — if you missed the call-out on FB, then add your best prank idea in the comments below.
Pranks for Kids from Adults
We love a silly and surprising prank that you can pull on kids (even if you are an adult). Adults are able to plan a little further in advance than your average kid prankster so that opens some additional possibilities for harmless pranks to play on your kids. The resulting giggles will be priceless!
Check out 13 of the Best April Fool’s Day Pranks for Kids below!
How to Prank
The art of a good prank is to surprise someone with an unexpected event that will cause a reaction that immediately turns positive when they realize it is a joke. Pranks should be harmless – both mentally (doesn’t embarrass or cause stress) and physically (shouldn’t hurt the person or property around them).
- Find the perfect person to prank.
Choose someone who will know it is a joke quickly.
- Choose a prank that fits the location.
At home, you will have a lot more options then out where you have less control over the environment or who might observe.
- Plan ahead to make sure everything will go as you desire.
Consider whether the prank will be taken as a joke and not be interpreted as mean. If you are questioning whether it is a good prank, ask someone unrelated to give you their opinion.
- Pull your prank with your best natural acting ability.
Keep a straight face and enjoy the fun.
Funny Pranks for Kids for April Fool’s Day
This post contains affiliate links.
- Tape the light switch so they can’t flip it. For younger kids, used colored tape. For older kids, clear tape molded to the shape of the switch is best. Make them wonder why the light is not moving!
- Decorate a sponge as a piece of cake, with this idea from Instructables. Coat a sponge with icing, and let it sit out on the counter. See if your kiddos can resist taking a bite.
Watch this Funny Cake Prank Video
April Fools Pranks for Kids
- Replace eggs in the carton with “naked eggs”. the science experiment. The kids will be in awe of this science experiment! The squishy giant eggs are edible, but taste awful!
- Have a note appear in the toilet paper, with this fun prank from Instructables! As they pull on the roll, the message pulls out, toward them. You need tape, toilet paper, and an unknowing participant.
Easy Good April Fools Pranks
- A little scare never hurts… Dig out the old baby monitor, keep the “baby” side with you, and put the adult one where your kids are. As they do something innocuous, shriek at them, “Someone’s watching!”
- Make these meatloaf cupcake muffins from Courtney’s Sweets. They will look like delicious cupcakes, so the kids will think they are getting dinner for dessert! (Maybe have a few actual cupcakes waiting in the wings for dessert).
- Short sheet your kids’ beds! My grandmother did this to me once, when I was growing up. I climbed into bed, and only had a foot or two of sheets. I re-made my bed, laughing the entire time!
The Best April Fools Jokes to Prank Kids
- Use party poppers in a variety of pranks. One reader says that they “would tie them to the door handles, and then to something outside the room, so that when they open the door, it pops the popper.”
- Another reader’s sneaky brother (uncle to the kids),”would hide in the closet with a mask on then call the home phone with his cell phone, and ask the kids to go in and get something out of the closet. Then, when they came in, he jumped out at them.” Uncles are the best big kids!
- Pull off an April Fool’s Day breakfast prank! Pour cereal and milk into a bowl, and freeze it the night before. the night before and freezing it. In the morning, pour a little milk on top to cover up the prank, and then get your camera ready for some confused little faces!
- Make eyeball ice cubes! This prank is so fun and easy! Using food markers, and mini marshmallows, create eyes, and then place them in an ice cube tray, filled with water. Freeze, and voilà! Instant prank!
- Use a toilet paper cardboard roll to make spooky eyes! This prank is awesome, because we all have a ton of tp rolls right now! Cut the shape of some creepy eyes into them, and then add a glow stick. Hide in a bush, or somewhere inside the house, for a spooky prank!
- Our last suggestion is one of my favorites…pick a ridiculous argument. Choose a silly side of an argument, and start arguing with your child. I usually start with something like, “Stop begging! No matter how hard you fight, I just won’t allow you to go to school.” It catches them off-guard and then they start automatically arguing the other side. No matter what they say, keep misquoting them and pushing your silly argument. This often works well for bedtime battles, because eventually they are just worn out by the ridiculousness!
Above all…have fun!
More April Fool’s Day Prank Ideas and Silly Activities for Kids
- Love these April Fool’s Day pranks? Then check out these april fools pranks for kids.
- Make breakfast exciting with these april fools day breakfast ideas.
- Pokemon coloring sheets
- This fishing for a dollar prank is a classic!
- Easy beginner painted rocks
- You can make ice cubes that look like eyeballs for this hilarious eyeball prank.
- Sleeping pranks can make nap time that much more fun!
- Bath time can be silly too with this blue bath water prank.
- Tie Dye Patterns
- Have you seen the 100 days of school shirt?
- Activities for one year olds
- This kids kissing parents prank is adorable and funny.
- Looking for even more pranks? This three balloon prank is a hoot!
- Fun games to play
- These practical jokes for kids are fun and lighthearted.
- Tired of pranks? We have silly faces printables that will make anyone laugh!
- Harry Potter Butterbeer
- These silly stocking stuffers will make Christmas morning a lot more fun!
- Kids valentines
- Fuel your child’s creative side with these silly crafts for toddlers.
- Have hours of fun with these silly games for kids.
- Looking for more fun activities? We have plenty of fun coloring games your child is sure to love.
- US Teacher Appreciation Week
What is your favorite April Fool’s Day prank? Comment below!