Kids of all ages will enjoy making an Easy Toilet Paper Roll Turkey. This construction paper turkey craft teaches kids about gratitude and is perfect for home, school, or daycare.
Looking for an easy and fun Thanksgiving craft for kids?
This is a twist on the classic Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys craft and are perfect for most settings because they use basic supplies like upcycled toilet paper rolls and construction paper.
This article contains affiliate links.
Simple Gratitude Paper Turkey Craft
This turkey out of a toilet paper roll is a fun craft that helps kids think about what they feel most grateful for.
Don’t feel the need to limit this craft to 5 feathers for older kids (kids think of many things they feel grateful for, add them all)! Younger kids like toddlers can make this with a little help and preschool age kids are perfect for this easy turkey craft.
Related: Our favorite gratitude crafts and activities for kids
- Toilet paper rolls or craft rolls
- Construction paper in assorted primary colors or fall colors
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Wiggly eyes or googly eyes
- Black marker
After gathering supplies, invite children to cut long feathers from the construction paper. We used 5 different colors and made one feather from each color.
Each construction paper feather was the same size. The first one was created by setting the toilet paper roll on a piece of paper and then drawing with a pencil around the craft roll up to a point. Look at the example for the size we made.
Once you have one created, use that as a feather template for the other turkey feathers.
At the top of each feather kids can write 1 thing they feel grateful for.
Glue the feathers into a lotus shape, then attach them to the back of the toilet roll.
Secure wiggly eyes, a beak, and a gobbler to the front of the turkey. The beak is a triangle cut from orange construction paper and the gobbler was a gentle zig-zag cut from red construction paper.
Tip: If crafted strategically, the turkey should stand up. It’s fun to see a big group of toilet roll turkeys in classrooms!
More Turkey Crafts for Kids
- Make a popsicle stick turkey craft! It is gobble gobble adorable.
- Kids can make their own easy turkey drawing with this how to draw a turkey lesson that is printable.
- This simple turkey apron project for kids is a fun way to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner prep.
- Even young crafters can make a footprint turkey! <–or help!
- Traditional Thanksgiving fun…turkey handprint art!
- Make a thankful turkey craft with your kids this Thanksgiving season.
- This turkey coloring page is great for kids of all ages or if you need something for the younger artist, then check out our preschool turkey coloring pages.
- Create a turkey inspired snack or party favor with these turkey themed pudding cups.
- Even little kids can have fun creating this hand turkey craft with a paper plate.
- Make this turkey craft with template.
- This coffee filter turkey craft is perfect for preschool.
- Make a felt turkey that doubles as a quiet time activity for preschoolers.
- We have a whole bunch of fun turkey crafts for kids.
- Or what about turkey themed food? We love these turkey desserts.
Related: Over 175 Fun & Easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids