This hand turkey craft is a twist on the traditional handprint turkey Thanksgiving craft for kids of all ages. Perfect for preschoolers, this sweet Handprint Turkey Craft is a fun way to celebrate Thanksgiving!
Easy Handprint Turkey Craft for Kids
Sometimes you just need an incredibly easy and cute craft for your kids! This turkey craft is so easy to get together.
Related: Traditional turkey handprint craft for kids using paint
Simply spread construction paper, paper plates, wiggly eyes, glue, and markers around the table (at home or school) and invite children to start crafting.
We used 4 sheets of construction paper per turkey craft. My children took turns tracing each other’s hands. A fun craft and a great lesson in team work!
This article contains affiliate links.
After gathering supplies, trace your child’s hand on each piece of construction paper. We used a different color for each handprint.
Now it is time to cut out the handprints from each piece of construction paper with scissors. Great fine-motor practice!
Next, glue 2 hands to each side of the paper plate from the back.
As the glue is drying, cut out a small beak and gobbler for the turkey. Invite children to glue the wiggly eyes, beak, and gobbler to the front of the turkey.
Paper Plate Turkey Craft Variation
If desired, kids can write what they are thankful for on each of their hands! Tie a small loop of ribbon to the back of the paper plate so children can hang up their creations!
Our Experience With This Construction paper Hand Turkey Craft
I love handprint crafts. They’re great fine motor skills practice, which is why we did this turkey handprint craft this year.
It’s not plain with just brown construction paper or red construction paper, but the turkey’s feathers are made from all the colors. Which is some of the appeal of this Thanksgiving turkey craft.
It’s something fun, bright, and colorful that will keep young children occupied. Plus it makes a great keepsake since you can see your child’s little hands for years to come.
Related: Make a handprint cornucopia craft with construction paper for Thanksgiving
- Construction paper
- Scissors or Preschool Training Scissors
- Wiggly eyes
- Brown paper plates
- Trace your child’s hand on each piece of construction paper. We used a different color for each handprint.
- Now it is time to cut out the handprints from each piece of construction paper with scissors.
- Glue 2 hands to each side of the paper plate from the back.
- As the glue is drying, cut out a small beak and gobbler for the turkey. Invite children to glue the wiggly eyes, beak, and gobbler to the front of the turkey.
MORE TURKEY CRAFTS FOR KIDS From Kids Activiites Blog
- This construction paper turkey uses a toilet paper roll as a foundation for the craft.
- Craft a coffee filter turkey that has a special spin art flair.
- Make a popsicle stick turkey craft! It is gobble gobble adorable.
- Kids can make their own easy turkey drawing with this how to draw a turkey lesson that is printable.
- This simple turkey apron project for kids is a fun way to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner prep.
- Even young crafters can make a footprint turkey! <–or help!
- Traditional Thanksgiving fun…turkey handprint art!
- Make a thankful turkey craft with your kids this Thanksgiving season.
- This turkey coloring page is great for kids of all ages or if you need something for the younger artist, then check out our preschool turkey coloring pages.
- Create a turkey inspired snack or party favor with these turkey themed pudding cups.
- Make this turkey craft with template.
- Make a felt turkey that doubles as a quiet time activity for preschoolers.
- We have a whole bunch of fun turkey crafts for kids.
- Or what about turkey themed food? We love these turkey desserts.
Related: Over 150 handprint art and craft activities for kids!
How did your handprint turkey paper plate craft turn out?