Let’s talk about kid bathroom organization! Kids spend a lot of time in the bathroom whether it is a family bathroom space or a single or sibling kid bathroom. You probably spend a lot of time in the kids bathroom too…bathing, brushing, potty training– you name it. We have the best ideas how to organize a bathroom with kids in mind.
Kids Bathroom Ideas that Really Work
The kids bathroom is a very important place, and kid-friendly ways to organize a bathroom make everyone’s life just a little easier.
Isn’t it funny that the bathroom is likely the smallest room in the house, but is the most used? So much to do, so little space!
This post contains affiliate links.
Best Ways To Organize a Bathroom
Oh, and we definitely want cute ways to organize your bathroom…because who wants to spend a lot of time in an organized but ugly place? Not me!
BATH TIME AND TOY STORAGE FOR KIDS BATHROOM
Whether the kids bathroom is a place they have to themselves or share with the entire family, it is important they have their own space to store toys.
1. Bath Toy Storage
If you don’t want a spend a fortune on expensive bath toy storage, these baskets are perfect. (I love this because it’s cheap enough to just throw away if it gets too funky!)
2. Hanging Basket Bath Toy Storage
A hanging basket keeps toys neat, and looks adorable if your kids are like mine and insist on having the shower curtain open at all times. (Because of tub monsters, naturally.)
3. Hang Toy Storage On A Second Shower Rod
You can use a second shower rod to hang toy storage down low and make it easy for kids to reach!
Organize HAND WASHING & THE SINK IN KIDS BATHROOM
The sink is the busiest place in the kids bathroom. There is hand washing, teeth brushing, rinsing, and all the hair and grooming stuff that happens in the area. The sink in a bathroom is like Grand Central Station!
4. LEGO Soap
If your kid is anything like mine, the soap is a big deal, and this LEGO soap is one of the coolest bathroom tricks around.
5. DIY Faucet Extender
If your kids are having trouble reaching the water, check out what you can do with a Mr. Bubble Bubble Bath bottle!
6. Jar Storage For The Bathroom
You know all those individual hand sanitizers your daughter collects from every single girl’s birthday party she goes to? Here’s an awesome way to store them!
7. Pull Out Step Stool
Add a pull out step stool to your bathroom. This is probably the greatest invention in the history of all time for any parent who has ever tripped over a plastic Dora the Explorer step stool while just trying to pee in the middle of the night.
8. Built In Nightlight
This built in nightlight is amazing. I have one in each of my bathrooms, and it took about five minutes to install.
9. DIY Soap Pouch Instead
Slippery hands mean soap can end up everywhere, so try this DIY soap pouch instead.
Organize TOILETS, DIAPERS & POTTY TRAINING supplies
10. Potty Training Essentials Basket
Potty training can be a pain if you don’t have everything you need at your fingertips, so plan ahead with potty training essentials basket.
11. Diapering Supplies On A Cart
You can keep your diapering supplies on a cute little cart. Adorable.
12. Super Simple Changing Table
Need a super simple changing table that you will actually use? This one can be made for under $30!
13. Lift Both Lids Sign
And if you have boys, you might want to try this not-so-subtle reminder for raising both lids.
14. Dinosaur Toilet Paper Holder
Spray paint a dinosaur to hold your toilet paper. Awesome.
Organize BATHROOM TOOTHBRUSH & TOOTHPASTE STORAGE
Remember our goal for cute bathroom storage? Well, we have some adorable ideas that surround sink storage, toothbrush storage and more…
15. DIY Toothbrush Holder
Use a plastic toy to make a crazy cute toothbrush holder. Everyone will be jealous. Everyone.
16. DIY PVC Toothbrush Holder
Keep toothbrushes separate with this simple PVC pipe system.
17. Plastic Cups To Hide Your Toothbrushes
Or you can even just use plastic cups hung inside your cabinets. Genius.
18. DIY Toothpaste Dispenser
If your kids make the biggest mess ever squeezing toothpaste (mine still does, and she’s nine) then this DIY toothpaste dispenser is just what you need.
Organize TOWEL STORAGE IN THE BATHROOM
One of the hardest things in life is to get kids to pick up their towels off the bathroom floor on a regular basis…you know, like a habit! Well these bathroom organization ideas that center around towels can help make that happen.
19. Organize Towels and Toothbrushes In One Place
This is a great way organize your towels and toothbrushes all in one place!
20. Hanging Towel Tutorial
Add ribbon to your towels with this easy tutorial to make it easier for little hands to hang up!
21. Color Coded Organization
Want to know who is leaving their towels in the floor? Solve this problem with color coded organization. My mom used to do this. I was pink, she was purple, my brother was blue and my dad was green. Everything she bought was in our color– towels, toothbrushes, hangers, storage containers. That way we knew what was ours without having to think about it!
HOW TO STORE HAIR ACCESSORIES IN BATHROOM
I have had long hair my entire life and so hundreds of teeny, tiny hair accessories in the bathroom have always been a challenge for organization. I love these cute organization ideas for the bathroom and can’t wait to try them for my bathroom!
22. Repurpose Spice Racks
Are headbands all over your house? Repurpose a spice rack to hold them!
23. Headband Storage
Or you can use an old oatmeal container to store headbands. Brilliance.
24. Hairbow Storage
Hair bows and ribbons are meant to be pretty, so store them in clear storage containers to add a pop of color to your bathroom!
25. Hair Ties On A Carabiner
Stick hair ties on a carabiner to keep them together!
26. Hair Tie Cookie Jar Storage
Cookie jars also work!
27. Store Hair Ties On A Doorknob
Are your hair ties everywhere? Just throw them on the doorknob. So smart.
28. Silverware Tray Barret Storage
Use a silverware tray to keep all the hair accessories sorted!
PRINTABLE BATHROOM SIGNS FOR ORGANIZATION
These printable bathroom signs are so cute and will help remind everyone who visits the bathroom to keep things organized and tidy…in a sweet way.
29. Wash Your Hands Printables
Use these adorable printables to remind your kids to flush and wash their hands!
30. Free Bathroom Printable
And these art printables for keeping your bathroom clean are cute enough to hang in a guest bathroom!
31. Decluttering Course
Are you ready to organize the entire house? We love this declutter course!
Our Favorite Kids Bathroom Organizers
Looking for more ideas to organize your kids bathroom? These are some of our favorite organizing items:
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste Holder Stand
- Small Plastic Bathroom Storage Containers
- Mega Bath Toy Holder Organizer
- Multipurpose Caddy Organizer
- Bath Toy Storage Organizer Basket- 3 Layers
- Hair Accessories Organizer For Girls
- Unicorn Kids Toothbrush Holders For Bathrooms
- Bath Toy Storage 2 Piece Caddy
- So Fresh and Clean Colorful Bathroom Art Poster Prints
Pin these Bathroom Organization Ideas for Later:
Looking For More Ways To Organize Your Home?
- Looking for more tips to organize your bathroom? Check these fun and easy bathroom hacks.
- Have a lot of small items? Use this mason jar storage to keep everything organized and mess free!
- Get your child’s room or play room organized with these toy storage ideas.
- Is your medicine cabinet like mine? Overstuffed? These medicine cabinet organizer ideas are a great way to get your medicine cabinet in order.
- My family loves board games, what about yours? This board game storage is the perfect way to keep your game closet in order.
- Organizing your pantry doesn’t have to be hard and tedious! These ideas are unconventional and perfect!
- Need more organizing, cleaning, and planning help? We got you! We have over 100 ideas to help.
- Looking for a fun bath time science experiment? This is a cute preschool science experiment you can do in the tub.
- Here are some great ideas for shared rooms.
- Make this cute diy bathroom toothbrush holder!
- We have plenty of ideas to store toy cars!
- Check out these organization printable worksheets that makes organizing your life easy!
Do you have any bathroom organization ideas? Share them with us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!