As Fall (and then winter) move in, I crave hot meals, like soups, stews, and my personal favorite–chili! Here are 25 chili recipes to keep you warm!
Easy Homemade Chili
This post contains affiliate links.
I always make homemade chili seasoning with this recipe from Amanda’s Cookin’. I keep several packets of it handy in my pantry. It’s a great blend that’s perfect as a base for just about any ingredients you like to add. It has just the right amount of heat, even the kids can handle it. But, if you have little ones, you might want to cut it back just a tad.
Chili Recipes with Ground Beef
While there are plenty of different ways to make chili, ground beef versions have been around for a long time! Here are five recipes using hamburger meat:
- Put on your boots and enjoy Chef in Training‘s Cowboy Chili!
- Are you looking for an easy crockpot chili recipe? Try this Famous Chili recipe from Julie’s Eats & Treats.
- Amanda’s Cookin‘s 3 Bean Chili isn’t just delicious, it’s also healthy!
- Looking for the best dish to bring to a Game Day party? Try Self Proclaimed Foodie‘s Game Day Beer Chili!
- Entering a chili cook-off this fall? The name says it all… make The Best Damn Chili, Ever from Noshing with the Nolands.
Vegetarian Chili Recipes
If you prefer to keep meat out of your diet, vegetarian chili packs a big protein punch because it’s loaded with beans, and even lentils, amongst other nutritious ingredients.
- Little Broken‘s Lentil Chili is the perfect hearty, fall dish!
- Looking for ways to add more quinoa to your diet? Try Damn Delicious‘ Quinoa Chili.
- This Veggie Loaded Chili, from Home Cooking Memories, is a great (and sneaky!) way to get your little one to eat his or her veggies!
- The Kitchen is my Playground‘s Roasted Butternut Squash Chili is a fall must!
- Darryl’s Famous Vegetarian Chili from Family Fresh Meals
- The Glowing Fridge‘s Healthy Pumpkin Chili is fall goals! It’s so yummy, and there is just a hint of pumpkin! Plus, all of the ingredients are good for you. You can’t go wrong!
Chili Recipes with Turkey, Sausage, and Chicken
If you love meat, but you’re trying to cut back on the red stuff, there are other options, such as poultry and sausage.
- Cooking Classy‘s White Chicken Chili is delicious!
- iFood Real‘s Biggest Loser Turkey Chili is big on protein and low on fat!
- This Chorizo & Two Bean Chili from Bev Cooks is tasty, and good for you!
- Crockpot Gourmet‘s Buffalo Chicken Chili is perfect for Game Day parties!
- Gimme Some Oven‘s 5-Ingredient Easy White Chicken Chili is a quick recipe to make during the busy work week.
Slow Cooker Chili Recipes
Ready to break out your slow cooker? Chili is one of the easiest recipes for the crockpot!
- Six Sisters Stuff‘s Slow Cooker Texas Chili is a classic!
- Gimme Some Oven‘s Slow Cooker Chili will warm you from your head to your toes!
- Miss Information‘s Chuck Wagon Chili has steak in it!
- Switch up your next Taco Tuesday with Farm Fresh Feasts‘ Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili.
Other Fun Ways to Enjoy Chili
Once you find your favorite chili recipe, try making chili cheese dogs or chili cheese dip. Bake some homemade bread bowls to fill with chili or host a full-blown chili bar!
- Life in the Lofthouse‘s Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs are another yummy Game Day option!
- Stone Gable‘s Chili and Cornbread in a Jar is a wonderful way to take chili to work for lunch!
- Baker Bettie‘s Homemade Bread Bowls are the yummiest way to serve chili to your friends and family!
- Chili Cheese Dip, from Mom Endeavors, makes for some great tailgating food!
- Try hosting a Chili Bar Party during your next get-together with this fun idea from Living Locurto.
What Do You Need to Make Chili?
The best thing about chili recipes is that, for the most part, you can tailor them to work with what you already have around the house. Some of the main staples, ingredient-wise, are: diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, peppers, onion, tomato sauce, tomato paste, vegetable broth, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
As far as chili making tools, I can’t get by without my programmable crockpot! I love it, because I can add all of the ingredients, set the timer and temperature, and then leave the house, knowing that my family will come home to a simmering pot of chili!
I also may or may not own this Chili Cook-Off Champion apron, just so that I can feel like the Chili Queen that I am!
More Recipes and Tips for the Colder Months
- 20 Totally Delicious Crockpot Soup Recipes
- 5 Cold Weather Recipes to Warm Your Heart
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- Printable Slow Cooker to Instant Pot Conversion Chart
What is your family’s favorite type of chili? Comment below!