It’s almost Christmas and that means mint…peppermint! We have gathered the best peppermint dessert recipes we can find. Theses easy dessert recipes feature peppermint recipes that are filled with holiday spirit! Sweet, easy to make, and delicious holiday dessert ideas.
The Best Peppermint Dessert Recipes
Peppermint. There is something about snuggling up in a cold day with a peppermint dessert. It’s the flavor of winter and the Christmas season and is always the favorite dessert on the dessert table. Here are some peppermint treats that we are drooling over.
1. Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake. This momma makes the cake for her yearly chocolate & movies night with her daughter. What a sweet tradition and treat for this time of the year.
2. DIY Peppermint Patty Recipe
Do you love Peppermint patties? Really love them? If so, you’ll love this recipe. Make your own no bake dessert.
3. Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Crust-less Cheesecake. Serve these peppermint cheesecakes in a cup topped with whipped cream.
4. Candy Cane Marshmallow Dip
Consider making a candy-cane marshmallow dip for bits of brownie and graham crackers.
Peppermint Christmas Treats
5. Peppermint Dessert Squares
These Candy Cane Squares have a chocolate crust and a cream cheese topping. You’ll want seconds (or thirds).
6. Peppermint Surprise Brownie Bites
Warm and gooey! These Peppermint Marshmallow Brownie bites are pretty and have a surprise in the middle
7. Peppermint Oreo Cookie Pudding
Mix Oreos, white chocolate, pudding and peppermint inside a cookie and you have perfection.
8. Oreo Peppermint Bark
Oreo + candy canes + chocolate = Dessert in less than 10 minutes. And all you need is a microwave. Perfect quick treat.
Mint and Chocolate Treats
9. Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge
This easy homemade mint chocolate chip fudge is as tasty as it is beautiful.
10. Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows
Homemade marshmallows – every cup of hot coco needs a floating peppermint marshmallow.
11. Peppermint Dessert Lasagna
Dessert Lasagna with layers of chocolate, peppermint cream cheese & graham cracker.
Candy Cane Desserts
12. Chocolate Peppermint Roulade
What a gorgeous dessert! It’s a Chocolate Peppermint Roulade, it’s the meeting of a sponge cake with delicate peppermint filling. Yummy and pretty!
13. Peppermint Fudge Brownies
Peppermint and Fudge what a great combination in these brownies.
14. Peppermint Meringues
These melt-in-your-mouth peppermint meringues will look gorgeous on a cookie plate (and they taste pretty good too).
15. Dark Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti
Biscotti – we make a giant plate of them every holiday season. These are dark chocolate peppermint – and dipped in extra chocolate. Perfect for a cup of coffee.
16. Peppermint Brownie Bars
Oh, Yum! Layered peppermint brownie bars – peppermint brownie on the bottom, whipped filling in the center, and melted chocolate with crushed candy on top.
17. Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes – easy to follow instructions: uses cake mix with drops of peppermint extract and chocolate cool whip frosting.
18. Candy Cane Crunch Cookies
You will need a boxed cake mix and a package of cream cheese to make these Candy Cane Crunch cookies.
19. Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake
This is a Copy-cat recipe – Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake – modeled after the chick-fil-A so you can enjoy it year round.
20. Peppermint White Chocolate Cheesecake
Not much is better than a white chocolate Cheese cake with a hint of peppermint in the filling, topped with crushed peppermint bits and on a chocolate mint crust “ yum!
More Candy Cane Inspired Recipes
21. White Peppermint Hot Chocolate
White Peppermint Hot Chocolate – heat up milk with peppermint kisses, add whipped cream and crushed kisses…then, a scoop of peppermint ice cream. It’s SO good.
22. 3 Ingredient Frozen Peppermint Pie
It doesn’t get easier than this “ a 3 Ingredient Frozen Peppermint Pie “ you’ll need an Oreo crust, cool whip, and peppermint ice cream.
23. Easy Homemade Thin Mints
Easy Homemade Thin Mints “ These are like the Girl Scout cookie, only you can make them year-round!
Best Mint Flavors to Use for Baking
This post contains affiliate links.
We’ve done some digging to see what the best minty flavor for baking are. And here’s what we’ve found…
- These Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips are super popular for baking delicious candy-cane flavored treats. Be advised, however, that these are not the same as crushed candy canes, they are more like a peppermint chip. These also fare well to use for hot cocoa bars!
- Watkins Pure Peppermint Extract is a favorite among bakers and food enthusiasts alike. It is Kosher, made from all-natural oils, and has no artificial colors or flavors.
- Want to save some serious time baking your peppermint treats? Try these King Leo crushed candy cane bits. These not only save time but taste great!
More Peppermint Desserts From Kids Activities Blog
- These peppermint creams are to die for!
- Ever have peppermint Muddy Buddies?
- This is the easiest and most delicious peppermint bark!
- I’m loving these peppermint patties.
- Copycat Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate?! Yes please!
- Love peppermint cookies? Check out our 75 Cookie Recipes for all sorts of cookie recipes.
- Pssst…we think you will find a ton of ways to use leftover candy canes in this collection – recycle, reuse!
What is your favorite peppermint dessert? Let us know in the comment section!