A Dad, John D’Eri, and a big brother, Tom D’Eri, realized that with the end of high school, Andrew, would have very little meaningful engagement in his life – with no hope of that changing.
Andrew D’Eri has autism, and while his is high functioning, he would struggle finding and keeping a job after high school.
They did not want him to be idle and without a purpose to his days.
There are real gaps in the services and support that a community gives to adults who are on the spectrum.
That is when the D’Eri’s decided to use what others might see as a disability – the need that many with autism have for structure, repetitive tasks, attention to detail, etc. – and create a job just for him, and others in his position.
The Rising Tide Car Wash was created.
Dad Started Car Wash for Son Video
If you are in or around Parkland, FL, stop by, get your car washed!
Inspirational Videos to Watch
Little Girl Calls a Stranger Daddy
A little girl with autism sits down beside you in a plane and begins to call you her Daddy. What would you do?
When his daughter was born, the fight began.
Can you imagine being a parent and discovering that your partner without your knowledge or permission decided to give your child up for adoption?
MORE CELEBRATION OF FATHERS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This father made the sweetest video of his little girl growing up.
- Over 100 Fathers day crafts for kids…these are so fun for dad!
- Gifts for dad from kids…these are good!
- Books for dads to read together.
- Free printable Fathers Day cards – we got ’em!
- Grab this super cute Fathers day coloring page – it is a tie!
- Grab this Father’s Day card to color! It is free for dad.
- DIY mouse pad makes the best gift for dad!
- Make these DIY stepping stones for dad this year.
- Fathers Day snacks and fun food ideas!
- And don’t miss our really fun crafts to do with your dad!
Don’t you love this dad’s story?