A Gutsy Dad Started a Car Wash to Help His Son Find Purpose [Video]
A Dad, John D’Eri, and a big brother, Tom D’Eri, realized that with the end of high school, Andrew, would have very little meaningful engagement in his life – with no hope of that changing.
Andrew D’Eri has autism, and while his is high functioning, he would struggle finding and keeping a job after high school.
They did not want him to be idle and without a purpose to his days.
There are real gaps in the services and support that a community gives to adults who are on the spectrum.
That is when the D’Eri’s decided to use what others might see as a disability – the need that many with autism have for structure, repetitive tasks, attention to detail, etc. – and create a job just for him, and others in his position.
The Rising Tide Car Wash was created.
Dad Started Car Wash for Son Video
Not only are they performing a service to the community, they are also giving 35 people with disabilities a job, some independence and support.
If you are in or around Parkland, FL, stop by, get your car washed!
MORE CELEBRATION OF FATHERS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- This father made the sweetest video of his little girl growing up.
- Over 100 Fathers day crafts for kids…these are so fun for dad!
- Gifts for dad from kids…these are good!
- Books for dads to read together.
- Free printable Fathers Day cards – we got ’em!
- Grab this super cute Fathers day coloring page – it is a tie!
- Grab this Father’s Day card to color! It is free for dad.
- DIY mouse pad makes the best gift for dad!
- Make these DIY stepping stones for dad this year.
- Fathers Day snacks and fun food ideas!
- And don’t miss our really fun crafts to do with your dad!
Don’t you love this dad’s story?