A new warning comes from the fire department after a man’s car catches fire from doing something we’ve all done before.
With summer temperatures reaching all time highs in many areas, we’ve all gotten into the habit of grabbing a water bottle or two before hitting the road for the day. And that’s smart. Staying hydrated on hot days can prevent heat-related illnesses and loss of too many fluids through your skin. But many of us don’t think about what we’re doing with those water bottles while we’re out and about, and according to an Idaho fire department, that’s a bad thing. Turns out, that as the sun beats down hard on your car, the sunlight can reflect through your water bottle and cause a fire to start INSIDE your car. This terrifying scenario is something one man learned about the hard way. Take a look!
The good news is this is a scenario we can all prevent. Stay hydrated, but stay safe…and take those water bottles with you when you leave the car!