Make your holiday season a bit easier and more fun with these genius Christmas Hacks. From Christmas decorations to holiday entertainment, we have the best Christmas tips and tricks around…oh, and they really work!
Genius Christmas Hacks
Make this Christmas season magical with all these amazing Christmas hacks. Christmas doesn’t have to be a stressful mess where you feel like you’re running around with your hair on fire!
This post contains affiliate links.
Christmas Decorating Hacks
1. How To Clean Your Artificial Christmas Tree
Use a dustbuster or a hair dryer to freshen up your artificial tree, making it ready for another year with this hack from WikiHow.
2. Organize Your Christmas Lights
Are your lights in a crazy pile? Not next year. Try Pretty Organized‘s idea to use scrap cardboard to wrap your lights up!
3. Protect Your Wrapping Paper
Protect and save your Christmas wrapping paper for the next year, using TP tubes, with this hack from Creek Line House.
How Do I Make Fake Snow?
4. DIY Artificial Snow
Check out Pure Ella for three different ways to make fake snow using ingredients we bet you already have.
5. DIY Frosted Glass Windows
Make frosted windows using Epsom Salt, with this tutorial from Craft Forest. This recipe uses beer to activate the Epsom salt so it works faster, but you can use water mixed with a little rubbing alcohol for the same effect!
6. DIY Indoor Snowmen
Don’t have snow in your area? Build snowmen anyway, with this kid-friendly hack from Modern Parents Messy Kids!
Christmas Entertaining Hacks
7. Santa Strawberries
Make Santas from strawberries for a fun Christmas-themed, healthy snack.
8. Christmas Marshmallow Pops
Add some glam to your hot cocoa with Pizzazzerie‘s marshmallow pops. Decorate them so they are pretty!
9. Cranberry Water
Flavor water at your Christmas gathering using cranberries, frozen into ice-cube trays, with this hack from Two Twenty One.
10. Traditional Christmas Coloring Pages
Have a large family dinner? Give your kids coloring pages to color while they wait for dessert!
11. Gingerbread Glue
Enjoy a fun family activity and have a product that lasts, at least until eaten. This gingerbread glue actually works!
12. Gingerbread Man Playdough
Transform average playdough into a festive holiday experience with the help of spices or essential oils.
13. Peppermint Play Dough
Be the favorite Auntie and make edible peppermint play dough with your nieces and nephews this Christmas!
DIY Holiday Decor
14. Spicy Scented DIY Ornaments
Create an all-natural air-freshener ornament using essential oils and whole spices it diffuses the scents throughout the room.
15. No Sew Treat Skirt
Make a tree skirt with furry fabric. No sewing needed! Head on over to Two Twenty One for the tutorial.
16. Twinkle Light Jars
Add some twinkle to your table (or your kids room to replace a nightlight). Make twinkle light jars with this crafty idea from Making Lemonade.
17. Make Your House Smell Festive
Fill your home with Christmas scents. Add drops of essential oils to your air filter.
18. Chocolate Grater
Grate chocolate to get some gorgeous shavings, using a potato peeler. They are perfect to use as toppings for hot chocolate or even on cookies! (see video below).
19. Ornament Storage
Simplify ornament storage with this hack from Natural Green Moms. Upcycle egg cartons to store delicate ornaments.
20. Egg Carton Ribbon Organizer
Ribbon bits get tangled really easily. We are loving this solution from Craftbits.com! Look for a clear egg carton, and put the leftovers into the carton to keep them separated until you are ready to use them.
21. Print and Gold Gift Box
Don’t have a gift box? Have no fear. You can fold one using craft paper with this tutorial from Picklebums. Looks pretty cool!
22. Video: 10 Life-Hacks For Christmas
Christmas Tips, Recipes and Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- Make your own DIY Tree Gnome for Christmas
- Oh so many Christmas printables
- The 12 days of Christmas gifts for teachers is genius!
- These cute Christmas doodles are fun.
- Adorable Reindeer Crafts to Make
- 25 Simple 3-Ingredient Cookie Recipes
- How to Make Glitter Wrapping Paper Less Messy
- 12 Genius Gift Wrapping Hacks
- Make a handprint Christmas cards!
- Make your own handmade Christmas ornaments
- 40+ Fun Christmas Treats to Make with Your Family
- These Christmas crafts for kids are great.
- Have you seen Christmas squishmallows?
- We love these Christmas activities
- Make a DIY Advent Calendar
What is your best Christmas hack? Comment below!