Are you looking for a baby bib that has great coverage, very absorbent, and easy to come by? We have the solution. This Baby Bib Hack using a dish towel.
Make a Baby Bib from a Dish Towel
This idea was a result of a conversation on our FB page, Quirky Momma, about our hacks for snacks and the question of bibs for baby and managing placemats for toddlers came up.
We are a family of six and throughout the years we have morphed away from using store bought bibs, which are good, but don’t cover legs and the velcro sticks to my nice clothes in the wash! Oy!
I know this sounds super simple, but it works GREAT.
Grab a cotton dish towel and a clothespin. Clip it around your tot and they will be covered better than you can believe!
More Reasons to Use a Dish Towel Baby Bib
- We can wipe little hands and the table when they are finished eating.
- Throw it into the wash and grab another for the next meal! No wiping off or trying to keep it for another meal.
- This isn’t “just” a bib… if your tots are creative, they might switch it around to their back. Now they are “super man”, or a “super eater”.
- When your kids grow out of bibs you can still use these… they *are* dishtowels.
…and I love them!
This article contains affiliate links.
Favorite Dish Towels
Getting some additional dish towels is a great idea since you can use them for babies and toddlers now and then convert them to their original use afterward.
- This bulk set of kitchen towels also comes with matching dishcloths…which you can never have too many!
- The neutral color of these kitchen towels make for easy cover ups.
- I like the texture of these dish towels, but you may find them a little weird.
- This dishtowel set comes in “popcorn stripe” which made me hungry.
- Check out this set of biodegradable terry dish towels!
More Tips for Baby from Kids Activities Blog
Have you ever made a baby bib out of a dish towel?