You have to try these ocean crafts and activities! They’re such a great way to bring the ocean inside! Kids of all ages will love these ocean crafts and activities whether they’re big kids or little kids. These ocean crafts and activities make great sensory activities and fine motor skills practice and so many of them are budget-friendly.
Ocean Crafts and Activities
The ocean is a magical place. Some may be lucky enough to live so close to one they can experience its wonder regularly. For those that don’t, we have this great list of activities, inspired by Katie from Gift of Curiosity.
Bringing the ocean inside is the perfect winter activity for kids.
This post contains affiliate links.
Best Ocean Crafts and Activities For Kids
Kids of all ages will love these fun ocean crafts and ocean activities. They’re so fun that kids won’t realize they’re learning!
1. Ocean Sand Painting Craft
Use colored sand and stencils to create beautiful sand paintings.
2. Make Your Own Ocean In A Bag Craft
Make your own ocean in a bag! Use hair gel, sand, and plastic fish to create a simple way for kids to explore.
3. Huge List Of Ocean Crafts
We have a huge list of ocean crafts, printables, and fun ocean activities.
4. Ocean Memory Craft
If you’ve ever collected shells at the beach and would like to save them, here is a creative memory craft to keep all those shells together.
5. Fun Ocean Coloring Page Printables
Grab your crayons! We have some of the cutest free ocean coloring pages for kids of all ages.
6. Ocean Sand Clay Craft
Make sand clay from sand, glue, and corn starch for some ocean-themed sensory fun.
7. Fun Ocean Crafts For Kids Of All Ages
Have you checked out these 8 fun ocean crafts and ocean activities?
8. Ocean Stamp Art Craft
Use stamps to create ocean art depicting an underwater oasis.
9. Make Your Own Jellyfish Craft
10. Ocean Playdough Activity
Make a batch of pretty blue ocean playdough and add some seashells for a sea scene.
11. Fun Ocean Reading Activities For Kids
12. DIY Ocean Sensory Bag Activity
This easy DIY sensory bag with an ocean theme is such a great ocean craft and activity for younger kids like toddlers and preschoolers.
13. Montessori Ocean Activities
Here is a fabulous list of 16 different ocean-themed Montessori trays. These are perfect for engaging preschoolers in ocean-themed learning.
14. Ocean Science Activities
Here is a kid-friendly lesson in ocean science focused on the difference between salt and fresh water, what causes waves, and how waves break down rocks.
15. Ocean Sensory Bins For Toddlers and Preschoolers
Try these sensory bins for learning about the ocean and exploring hands-on.
16. Seashell Activities To Explore The Ocean
Explore seashells with all five of your senses and track your findings.
17. Fun and Educational Ocean Activity
Learn about the ocean! We have so much great information about the ocean that is great for any homeschool curriculum. This is the perfect ocean activity.
18. Fun Dot to Dot Ocean Printable Activities For Kids
Download these eight, free ocean animal do-a-dot printables featuring a jellyfish, crab, whale, fish, octopus, sea turtle, clam, and sea star.
19. Ocean Hands-On Activities
Visits to tide pools and the aquarium provide great hands-on opportunities for kids to learn about the animals of the ocean.
20. Great Ocean Sensory Bins
Your little one is going to love this ocean sensory bin! It has colorful rice, shells, toys, and sequins. So great for toddlers and preschoolers.
More Ocean Fun From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out these free ocean animal printables.
- This ocean themed sensory bin is a blast!
- Download and print these awesome fun facts about fish!
- Learn about jellyfish with these fun fact printables.
- You can make a jellyfish in a bottle!
- Want to learn how to draw a fish?
- If your child wants to make an octopus, here are our octopus crafts!
- What about turtles? Check out these turtle coloring pages!
Which ocean craft are you going to try? Have you already tried any of these ocean activities?