Are you kicking off summer with a Memorial Day BBQ? These 5 Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Treats will be the hit of the party!
Yummy and Easy-to-Make Patriotic Treats!
These are some of my favorite Memorial Day treats to make! The best part is that you probably already have most of the ingredients for these treats in your fridge and pantry!
They are also relatively easy to make, which is perfect if you’re looking for Memorial Day recipes for a crowd if you decide on a last-minute BBQ.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Cool Patriotic Fruit Flag
Yes, you can express your patriotism via fruits, like this one! Can’t wait to make them with my little ones.
Ingredients Needed To Make Patriotic Fruit Flag:
- Package Blueberries
- 2 Bananas
- Package Strawberries
- 8 Wooden skewers
How To Make Patriotic Fruit Flag:
- Cut the bananas into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces (you will need about 32 pieces).
- Cut the strawberries into 1 to 1 1/2 inch piece (again, you need about 32 pieces).
- Start by placing 6 blueberries on the top of 4 wooden skewers.
- Finish those skewers, layering a banana and strawberry 3 times.
- Take the remaining 4 skewers, and start layering the bananas and strawberries, 5 time each, so it matches up with the other skewers.
- This will look like an American flag once you are finished.
2. Sweet Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes
Yes, some sweet cupcakes on Memorial day will complete the table.
Ingredients Needed to Make Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes:
- Red Velvet Cupcake Mix + 3 eggs, water, oil
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
How To Make Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes:
- Mix together the cake mix with eggs, water, and oil.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 14-19 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Add vanilla, and slowly add the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Let the cupcakes cool, then add icing to the top, followed by a few blueberries.
3. Awesome Patriotic Strawberries
Red strawberries and some white and blue yummy stuff make some really good Fourth of July treats.
Ingredients Needed To Make Patriotic Strawberries:
- White Chocolate
- Blue sugar sprinkles
How To Make Patriotic Strawberries:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boil system, melt the white chocolate.
- Once melted, dip the tip of the strawberry in the chocolate, then in the blue sugar sprinkles.
- Place on parchment paper, and put in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
4. Easy Red, White & Blue Pretzels Recipe
Add cute sweetness to your Memorial Day celebration with these Red, White & Blue Pretzels.
Ingredients Needed To Make Red, White, & Blue Pretzels:
How To Make Red, White, & Blue Pretzels:
- Add the white chocolate to the top of a pretzel snap, and put on a paper plate.
- Put in the microwave for 45 seconds, until the chocolate is slightly melted.
- Remove and add the red, white, and blue M&M’s, in the shape of a flower.
- Serve once it hardens.
This really fun idea is courtesy of Two Sisters Crafting.com
5. Patriotic Red, White & Blue Rice Candles
Your bosom might be burning with patriotism. Show it by making some red, white, and blue rice candles!
Ingredients Needed To Make Red, White, & Blue Rice Candles:
- 3 cups Rice
- Red & Blue food coloring
- Mini votive candle
How To Make Red, White, & Blue Rice Candles:
- Separate the rice into 3 different bowls with 1 cup each
- Add red food coloring to one bowl, blue to another and mix together
- Let dry and layer the red, white (plain rice) and blue in a small mason jar
- Add the candle to the top
This is fun for a table display for a Memorial Day or 4th of July party!
More Red, White, and Blue Crafts and Treats
Looking for more fun recipes and some crafts for Memorial Day or the 4th of July? Check these out:
- 24 Red, White, and Blue Desserts
- Over 100 Patriotic Crafts and Activities
- Popsicle Stick American Flags
- Patriotic Paper Windsock
What are you making for Memorial Day this year? Comment below!