Our peanut butter playdough recipe is an edible play dough that is super easy to make, it is pliable for play AND it is tasty! It is one of the few edible playdough recipes that doubles as a dessert. My kids LOVE homemade play dough and this is one of their favorite recipes for many reasons!
Need an allergy-free edible playdough recipe? <–Check this out!
Peanut Butter Playdough Recipe
Your kids are going to love this edible playdough. It tastes like candy!
After your kids create their sculptures and masterpieces, they can let them air dry for an hour or two (so the items get a “crust”), then stick them in a Ziploc. Your kids can snack on their art at a later time.
This article contains affiliate links.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Play Dough Recipe
Short Video Tutorial for How to Make Peanut Butter Playdough
Directions to Make Edible Playdough from peanut Butter
Put the marshmallows and peanut butter into a small dish and microwave for ten seconds. This should lightly soften your marshmallows making them easier to mix.
Stir the peanut butter and marshmallow together until it is smooth. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto the dough until it is no longer sticky. I am guesstimating the amount of the powdered sugar.
Finished Peanut Butter Playdough Recipe
It is as easy as that! You and your kids now have fun playdough to play with and create edible sculptures.
How to FiX Peanut Butter Playdough
If your dough is still sticky, you will want to sprinkle more on.
So yummy!! And a great protein snack for kids (well, minus the sugar). I am going to try a version later that uses almond flour instead of the powdered sugar.
- 3 Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar
- Place marshmallows in a small bowl and microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Sprinkle surface with powdered sugar.
- Knead until ready to play.
More Homemade Play Dough from Kids Activities Blog
- Try this fun homemade play doh ice cream!
- Make playdough animals with this fun activity.
- This fall playdough is scented like autumn.
- This is a fun play dough cake idea for birthdays.
- Make this adorable and sweet Peeps playdough recipe.
- Make homemade gingerbread playdough and have some holiday fun.
- This Christmas playdough idea is a candy cane with both white play dough and red.
- Make Kool Aid Playdough…it smells delicious!
- This sparkly and colorful galaxy playdough is really cool and easily made at home.
- This homemade playdough with essential oils is our favorite sick day activity.
- All of our favorite homemade play dough recipes.
How did you like the edible peanut butter playdough recipe?