From the ancient Egyptians to Native Americans, George Washington to John Adams, the ancient Greeks to the United States, or the Great Pyramid to the Great Depression—does your child love weird history facts?
Well, you’ve come to the right place, because here, you won’t only find fun facts that will expand your kiddo’s general knowledge, but weird historical facts too from moments throughout human history, including the Middle Ages to the Victorian era.
Download here: Weird history facts
Weird History Facts FOR KIDS
- Thomas Edison invented an electric pen in the 1870s intended for duplicating handwritten documents.
- In 1802, Thomas Jefferson received a massive wheel of cheese from Baptist farmers in Cheshire, Massachusetts, weighing over 1,200 pounds.
- During the 18th century, tea became so popular in the United Kingdom that some soldiers received a tea allowance as part of their rations.
- The Anglo-Zanzibar War of 1896 holds the record for the shortest war in history, lasting less than 45 minutes. The longest war was the Reconquista, which lasted 781 years.
- Winston Churchill, known for his leadership during World War II, was also a painter: he created over 500 paintings.
- The Olympic Games celebrated in Ancient Greece were originally held to honor the god Zeus.
- Lord Byron, the poet, had an unusual pet: a bear named Bruin.
- The leaning tower of Pisa was not leaning originally.
- King Henry VIII of England had a throne designed with a built-in toilet so he didn’t miss any important meetings.
- Buzz Aldrin, the second human to walk on the moon, secretly celebrated holy communion on the lunar surface.
- Many historical figures, including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Julius Caesar, were left-handed. In ancient Rome, left-handedness was seen as unlucky trait.
- Dragon boat races, a popular tradition in Chinese culture, have ancient origins dating back over 2,000 years.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR WEIRD HISTORY FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Weird History facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable weird history facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
- When first invented, alarm clocks weren’t very cheap, and in order to wake up on time, knocker-uppers could go around to people’s houses and rouse them before work. By the late 19th Century, the profession had begun to die off, although in some parts of Europe, it continued into the 20th Century.
- While many think that Mickey Mouse was Walt Disney’s first cartoon creation, it was in fact a character known as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit who came to light in 1927.
- President Ronald Reagan was an actor in Hollywood and a U.S. veteran. Reagan served during World War II and helped make over 400 military training films.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Weird History facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Weird History Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Cool Creepy Facts Coloring Pages For Kids
- 10+ Interesting Facts About The Heart For Kids
- Fun Facts About North America + Free Printables
- Hiss-Terical Snake Facts For Kids Of All Ages
- Fun Greek Mythology Hermes Fun Facts For Kids To Print And Learn
- Amazing Black Hole Facts For Astronomy Fans
- Fun Statue Of Liberty Facts For Kids To Print And Learn
- Amazing Benjamin Franklin Facts For Kids And Adults
- Martin Luther King Jr. Facts for Kids
So what did you make of our fun history facts? Which of these weird facts was your favorite?