Do you know what is the main function of your heart? Do you know how to keep a healthy heart? If the answer is no, then you’ll love these interesting facts about the heart!
We put these interesting and fun facts about the heart in printable coloring pages so you can color each fact as you learn about it.
Download here –> Facts About The Heart
The heart is an amazing organ. It pumps your blood supply throughout your body so you can enjoy a happy life. Did you know that your heart is roughly the size of your fist? And that an electrical system controls the rhythm of your heart beat? Like these, we have 10 amazing facts about the heart you don’t want to miss.
Let’s keep reading to learn them!
10 fascinating facts about the heart
- The human heart is a part of your body and a muscular organ located in the chest that pumps blood throughout the human body.
- On average, the heart beats around 100,000 times a day, with a resting heart rate of 60-100 beats per minute.
- The heart is responsible for maintaining the health of the circulatory system, which transports oxygen and nutrients to the body’s tissues and organs.
- The size of the average human heart is about the size of a fist, and it weighs between 7 and 15 ounces.
- The main function of the heart is to receive oxygen-poor blood from the veins and pump it to the lungs to receive oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide, then receive oxygen-rich blood from the lungs and pump it back to the body through the arteries.
- An adult heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood through approximately 60,000 miles of blood vessels every day.
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, with risk factors including high blood pressure, smoking, high cholesterol, and a sedentary lifestyle.
- The heart has four chambers: the right atrium and ventricle, and the left atrium and ventricle.
- The heart is made up of specialized cells called cardiac cells, which work together to create electrical impulses that regulate the heartbeat.
- The heart emoji is the most common universal representation of the heart, but a human heart looks more like this:
- Studies have found that the most number of heart attacks are more likely to occur on Christmas Day than on any other day of the year.
- There is a medical condition called broken heart syndrome, which feels like shortness of breath and chest pain, which mimics a heart attack. You can experience it even if you have no known risk of heart disease when you go through a traumatic event.
- The best way to take care of your heart health is through regular exercise and a healthy diet.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR FACTS ABOUT THE HEART COLORING SHEETS
Facts About The Heart coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable facts about the heart coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Facts About The Heart that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family interested in this amazing organ.
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Facts About The Heart PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Get your French side out and learn about the Eiffel tower.
- Y’all can print these fun facts about Texas.
- Is there anything you’d like to learn about Colombia?
- Cuba is an amazing country, let’s learn some Cuba facts today.
- We’ve also got China facts for kids of all ages.
- Our Chuck Norris facts are super fun and amazing to learn!
- Koala facts for kids obsessed with these lovely animals!
Did you learn anything new from our facts about the heart coloring pages?