How much do you know about Benjamin Franklin? Today we have Benjamin Franklin facts for kids of all ages!
We put these Ben Franklin facts in two printable coloring pages so your kids can color as they learn about Benjamin Franklin’s inventions, achievements, and life.
Grab your crayons, coloring pencils or watercolors, and let’s color these Benjamin Franklin facts! Simply click on the download button below and print your own set of coloring pages:
Benjamin Franklin facts FOR KIDS
- Benjamin Franklin was one of the leading figures of early American history and is considered one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, along with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison.
- He was born in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1706 and attended the Boston Latin School but had little formal education beyond that. He received and honorary doctorate from the University of St. Andrews in 1762.
- As a young man, Franklin worked as an apprentice in his brother James’ printing shop and later became a successful printer himself.
- In 1728, Franklin started publishing his own newspaper called the Pennsylvania Gazette, which became one of the most popular and influential newspapers in the American colonies.
- Franklin is perhaps best known for his experiments with electricity, including his invention of the lightning rod, which helped protect buildings from lightning strikes.
- Franklin became involved in politics and played a key role in the American Revolution. He served in the Second Continental Congress and helped draft the Declaration of Independence.
- Franklin also played a role in negotiating the Treaty of Paris, which ended the American Revolution and recognized the independence of the United States.
- Franklin was involved in the Constitutional Convention and helped draft the U.S. Constitution.
- When he was 16 years old, Franklin wrote under the pseudonym Silence Dogood, which he used to publish humorous essays in the weekly newspaper The New England Courant.
- Franklin designed a musical instrument that Mozart and Beethoven used, called “grass armonica.” He declared it was the invention that gave him the greatest personal satisfaction.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR BENJAMIN FRANKLIN FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Benjamin Franklin facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable Benjamin Franklin facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Benjamin Franklin facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Benjamin Franklin facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Download and print the Rosa Parks facts sheets and kids can use them at home or in the classroom!
- These President’s Day facts make learning so much more fun.
- Who was Harriet Hubman? Learn all about this important person in history in our Harriet Hubman facts coloring pages!
- Who doesn’t love learning fun bird facts? Here are 10 interesting facts about birds for you!
- Here are some Black History Month for kids of all ages
- Check out these 4th of July historical facts that also double as coloring pages.
Did you learn anything new from our Benjamin Franklin facts?