Homemade Cards with Painted Valentine’s Day Hearts
Let’s get messy with paint and make homemade cards with Valentine’s Day hearts!
Kids Activities Blog loves to share cute ideas like this that let kids use their creativity to produce heartfelt, custom gifts.
How to Make Valentine’s Day Heart Cards
Kids are going to love painting these Valentine’s Day hearts and turning them into cards they can give to family, friends, and classmates.
Related: 10 Simple Homemade Valentine’s for Toddlers Through Kindergarteners
Supplies needed to make a Valentine’s Day card
The supplies you will need to make these simple homemade Valentine’s Day cards are likely things you already have at home.
- acrylic paint
- white cardstock (for the hearts)
- colored cardstock (for the cards)
- heart printable (optional)
Instructions for making a Valentine’s Day card
For small Valentine’s Day cards, print our hearts template. Alternatively, draw a large heart on a piece of cardstock.
Cut out your hearts and then fold them in half.
Paint one half of your paper heart with a generous amount of paint. Fold the heart in half again and press down – be careful as some of the paint might come out on the sides depending on how much you put on. Unfold it and you’ll see a mirror image of your paint on the other side. Set your Valentine’s Day hearts aside to dry.
Fold your colored card stock in half. Glue the paper hearts onto the front of each card.
Our finished Valentine’s Day heart cards
Valentine's Day Heart Cards
Make our Valentine's Day hearts and attached them to homemade cards to give to family, friends, or classmates.
- Cardstock - white and colored
- Acrylic paint
- Either print our Valentine's Day hearts or draw your own onto the white cardstock.
- Cut out the hearts and then fold them in half.
- Paint just one side of the heart with a generous amount of paint.
- Fold the heart back in half and then open it back up to reveal a mirror image of your painting.
- Fold the colored cardstock in half.
- Glue the paper heart to the front of the card.
More Valentines Day Crafts
Need more homemade Valentine’s Day craft ideas? Here at Kids Activities Blog embrace Valentine’s Day and all the homemade Valentine’s Day fun!
- Celebrate Valentines Day as a Family Here are a bunch of activities for Valentine’s Day celebration.
- 85 Ways to Show Love to him … make this day dedicated to your Valentine’s Day husband!
- Lots of ideas to bring RED into this Valentine’s Day.
- Break out the roll of aluminum foil and make these foil hearts.
- Here are 20 of our favorite Valentine’s Day crafts.
- Check out these homemade Valentine cards ideas.
- Put your Valentine’s day cards in these cute Valentine bags!
Have you made our Valentine’s Day cards? Who did you give them to?