Want to learn how to draw a turtle? We love cute little turtles! That’s why we’re excited to share with you a step by step tutorial on how to draw a turtle. Our free turtle drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed instructions and pictures to help you draw a cute turtle. Use this easy turtle sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Turtle Drawing Easy For Kids
Whether you’re looking for a tutorial on how to draw a sea turtle for adults or how to draw a cartoon turtle for kids, you’re in the right place! Click the light green button to print our how to draw a simple turtle printable tutorial before getting started:
This turtle sketch tutorial is super simple to follow: it’s perfect for beginners of all ages, even for kids in preschool. We recommend downloading this tutorial so your kid can follow each step with a visual guide.
Easy how to draw a turtle step by step
Follow this easy how to draw a turtle step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
First, draw an oval to make the turtle’s shell.
Add a ring around it and erase extra lines.
Draw a smaller circle close to the oval. This will be our turtle’s head.
Connect it to the shell using curved lines – this is the neck!
Draw four rectangles to create the legs.
Add a half-circle to each rectangle. Your turtle is almost done!
Draw a small tail. So cute!
Let’s add details! Add irregular shapes to the shell, ovals for the eyes and cheeks, and a curved line to make a smile.
Hooray! Your turtle drawing is done! Good job! Get your crayons and give it some color! You can even draw more turtles of different sizes and make a cute turtle family.
Download Simple Turtle Drawing Lesson PDF File
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Turtle Printables and Turtle Crafts From Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out these amazing turtle coloring pages.
- Speaking of turtles, we have Ninja Turtle coloring pages!
- We also have Ninja Turtle crafts.
- There are other turtle crafts using cupcake liners.
How did your turtle drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you.