Just in case it wasn’t awesome enough that a Hocus Pocus 2 movie is in the works, now there’s word on the webosphere that a Hocus Pocus LEGO set may become available.
LEGO builder Amber Veyt is a super fan of the cult Halloween movie, and this year she set out to recreate the moment Max Dannison lit the black flame candle using Legos. The result? An incredibly detailed 2,700-piece Hocus Pocus set.
The set includes everything from 12 custom figurines and Billy’s grave to the famous Sanderson sisters’ house, complete with the cursed candle, museum signs, and cages. So why isn’t this for sale yet?
Well, first off, Veyt’s Hocus Pocus design reached the 10,000 supporters she needed. But now, it’s up to the LEGO Review board, which decides which LEGO creations can officially be developed and eventually sold in stores.
The board is made up of product managers, designers, as well as other team members, who vet the idea and decide if it’s safe, fits the LEGO brand, and whether it can be played with.
What spell do I need to cast to make this Hocus Pocus LEGO set happen? Because I know I’m far from the only one who would love this set. Even people who — gasp! — haven’t seen the movie will be able to appreciate the haunted house qualities of the Sanderson cottage.
Unfortunately, we’re going to have to wait. The review phase — which started early September — can take a few months. Then, if it’s approved, it moves on to development, which can take another few months. If we’re lucky, it will be here in time for Halloween 2021.
In the meantime, please excuse me while I go watch Hocus Pocus on repeat until the sequel — and hopefully this LEGO set — comes out.
YOU’LL LOVE THESE LEGO IDEAS TOO:
- You definitely need these 75+ Ideas, Tips, and Hacks for LEGOs.
- Make LEGO soap to get your kids washing their hands more.
- Do your kids need somewhere to play LEGOs? Check out these 12 Genuis LEGO table hacks.
- All the best LEGO party ideas for your next birthday!
- Try this LEGO Balance Scale STEM project with bricks you already own.
- You can get a LEGO waffle maker and build the best breakfast
- Is LEGO all over your house? Try these 37 Genuis LEGO Organization Ideas!
- You can use LEGO for leaning too. Here are 11 Ideas for Learning with LEGOs.
- You can make a DIY LEGO costume for Halloween or dress up.
- Learn how to make LEGO spaceships.