For fans of the Oscar winning short, Hair Love, the Young family will be soon be back, in an all-new tv series spinoff, entitled Young Love!
The new show, airing on HBO Max, will feature the Young family, dad Stephen, mom Angela, daughter Zuri, and their pet, Rocky, as they cope with their careers, marriage, parenthood, social issues, and multi-generational dynamics, all while showing the same family relationships that made Hair Love such a hit.
The original short was created by Matthew Cherry, a former NFL wide receiver, who initially funded the project via a Kickstarter. The Kickstarter caught the eye of other directors, leading to Sony pictures distributing the short film.
The first season will follow the family for 12 episodes, and hopefully will feature more of the amazing dynamics between Zuri and her parents, along with their wider lives.
Currently, a release date for Young Love is not yet set, but we will definitely be watching and waiting to see it.
YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE THESE ACTIVITIES:
- Play these 50 science games for kids
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Take your mind off dinner and use these easy dinner ideas.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Make this homemade bubble solution.
- Your kids will think these pranks for kids are hilarious.
- My kids love these active indoor games.
- These fun crafts for kids could turn your day around in 5 minutes!