Break out your garden gloves, and have some summer fun planting an indoor herb garden with your little ones! Then, whip up some yummy meals with these 5 Fun Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden!
Fun and easy Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden
Indoor gardens can save you from needing to buy fresh or dried herbs at the grocery store and encourage you to skip getting takeout and cook healthier in the kitchen.
Go ahead pick some herbs in your indoor garden and try these recipes!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Basil Pesto Recipe
This basil pesto recipe uses pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, and extra virgin olive oil. Make it in just 15 minutes!
Ingredients Needed To Make Basil Pesto Recipe:
- 2 cups Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Basil Pesto Recipe:
- Place the basil and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan or Romano cheese, and then pulse a few more times. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl!
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil, a little at a time, scraping down the sides again.
- Stir in some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Basil-Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich
This is a quick and refreshing no-cook vegetarian meal. Basil, mozzarella, and tomato on Italian bread. Great for those hot summer evenings when you don’t feel like cooking.
Ingredients Needed To Make Basil-Tomato Mozazrella Sandwich:
- French Bread, cut into sandwich-sized slices
- 6 Tablespoons Basil Pesto (recipe above)
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How To Make Basil-Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich:
- Slice the bread in half.
- Coat one side with the basil pesto (or substitute with olive oil).
- Layer on the tomatoes, salt, pepper, mozzarella slices, and fresh basil leaves.
- Top with the other half of bread and cut into slices.
3. Margherita Pizza
Pizza always makes a bad day feel better, and there’s nothing nicer than a perfect slice of Margherita pizza. Now you can make this recipe at home any time the craving strikes!
Ingredients Needed To Make Margherita Pizza:
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Naan bread
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Pizza sauce
How To Make Margherita Pizza:
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°.
- Add the Naan bread to the oven to heat up the crust (for just a few minutes).
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of the bread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Then, add fresh basil to the top.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
4. Chive and Lemongrass Butter Recipe
A simple butter recipe with a mild lemongrass fragrance. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed To Make Chive and Lemongrass Butter:
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 tsp. minced lemon grass
- 1/4 tsp grated lime rind
- 3 tbs finely chopped chives
- 1 tbs lime juice
- salt to taste
How To Make Chive and Lemongrass Butter:
- Mix buter, add other ingredients then add salt.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with chicken, fish, and veegetable dishes.
5. Spring Herb Frittata Recipe
Fit for a crowd, this herb-loaded dish is ideal for any spring brunch.
Ingredients Needed To Make Spring Herb Frittata:
- 1/4 c.crème fraîche, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 6 large eggs
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2 c. flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 c. cilantro leaves and tender stems, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 c. dill fronds, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp. tarragon leaves, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper
How To Make Spring Herb Frittata:
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, stir together crème fraîche and chives; set aside.
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs. In food processor, pulse scallions, parsley, cilantro, dill, tarragon and 2 tablespoons oil until evenly and finely chopped.
- Add to bowl with eggs along with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in medium skillet on medium until shimmering, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and cook until edges have begun to sizzle and set, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until center is just set, 18 to 20 minutes. Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- Serve with chive crème fraîche. Sprinkle with more herbs, if desired.
More healthy and delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
- 12 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- 25 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Easy Healthy Recipes Using the #1 Technique for Vegetables Kids Love
- 5 Simple and Healthy Wrap Recipes
- 50 Mouth-Watering Kid Friendly Chicken Recipes
- 30 Delicious Eggnog Recipes
- Healthy Smoothies to Start Your Morning Fast, Easy & Yummy
What is your favorite indoor herb garden recipe? Comment below!