Teachers are killing it with fun Zoom activities for kids!
Like many states, schools in California are closed. Since this wasn’t planned, a lot of parents have been struggling with what to do for their kids education. What’s great is that I have seen a lot of teacher’s doing online work with help from platforms like Zoom.
We gathered some great Zoom ideas for teachers and students!
Fun Zoom Activities for Kids
Friends on Facebook have shown videos and pictures of their kids having Zoom classroom time with their teachers and classmates. It’s been adorable to see all their little faces on the screens and to see how excited they are to see their friends. Some teachers aren’t sure what’s the best way to use Zoom because maybe they’ve never used it before or haven’t used it for this purpose.
Zoom Tricks and Hacks for Teachers and Kids
On Facebook, several teachers have been sharing tips, tricks and hacks on how to make Zoom work better.
Krissy Venosdale showed how to set up a makeshift document camera, using her phone, a laptop and some properly placed soups cans. By logging into Zoom on your phone and setting it up above the area you’re writing, your phone will remain stable and your students will be able to see what you’re writing. This Zoom hack could work for anyone that is doing a Zoom call and needs to write things out and have them seen on screen.
Have your kid’s teachers been using Zoom while they’re at home?
More Zoom Tips for Teachers and Kids
Kids will love imagining they are somewhere else with these virtual Zoom backgrounds– especially the SpongeBob SquarePants background!
These Google slides will help anyone who needs to suddenly teach on Zoom! via Del Norte County Office of Education
Check out this great Zoom video tutorial for teachers via Mrs. Evelyn Educates
Rich Colosi Media explains how to teach an online lesson with Zoom.
Did you know you can change your Zoom background? This could be helpful for anyone who doesn’t want to show their room– teachers and kids alike! via Rich DeMuro
These Zoom directions for students are super helpful. via The Techie Teacher
FUN THINGS TO DO WHILE YOU’RE STUCK AT HOME:
- Check out these kids education websites offering free subscriptions.
- Help your kids learn how to make bubbles at home!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are so fun and easy!
- Coloring is fun! Especially with Easter coloring pages.
- You won’t believe why parents are gluing pennies on shoes.
- Rawr! Here are some of our favorite dinosaur crafts.
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Have fun coloring our awesome Fortnite coloring pages.