There are so many wonderful dessert recipes to enjoy while camping! These 5 Sweet Campfire Dessert Ideas are perfect to share with family and friends under the stars!
Sweet and Easy Camping Dessert Recipes for the whole family
My family loves camping! It’s just a sweet bonding time for us. So add more sweetness with these awesome dessert recipes you can do with the rest of the gang! They’re easy to make and so yummy!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Campfire Cones Dessert Recipe
Who said cones are just for ice cream? Redefine the cone’s purpose when you make this sweet campfire cones dessert recipe.
Ingredients Needed to Make Campfire Cones Dessert Recipe
- Chopped Fruit, strawberries & bananas
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi-dark Chocolate Chips
- Waffle Ice-Cream Cone
- Tin Foil
These Campfire Cones are the ultimate campfire dessert for anyone spending time outdoors this summer! I love that you can prep them ahead of time, and then just store them in the cooler (in a freezer storage bag, once they are wrapped in foil) so they are ready to go once you spark that campfire!
2. Campfire Brownies Dessert Recipe
This awesome brownie recipe doesn’t need an oven, but it tastes just as good as those oven-baked ones!
Ingredients Needed to Make Campfire Brownies Recipe
- 1 Box of Brownie Mix with ingredients to prepare
- Candy – all your favorites! We use M&M’s and Twix
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven
Another wonderful way to enjoy your favorite dessert on a campfire is by making these Campfire Brownies! This is a super easy and super delicious dessert!
3. Cookies ‘N Cream Bars Recipe
Cookies n cream is everyone’s favorite. Make some on your next camping!
Ingredients Needed to Make Cookies ‘N Cream Bars Recipe
How to Make Cookies ‘N Cream Bars Recipe
- First, in a food processor, crush the entire bag of Oreos cookies, until ground.
- Then, in a large pan, melt the butter and marshmallows together, until melted.
- Remove from heat, and add all of the ground Oreos into the pan, and then mix.
- Pour the Oreo mixture into a lined 8×8 inch baking pan, and flatten evenly in the pan
- Let sit until cooled.
- Cut into squares and serve.
4. Easy Iced Chocolate Recipe
This is my personal favorite. It’s cold, sweet, and so delectable!
Ingredients Needed to Make Iced Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups Ice, crushed
- 4 packets Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Milk
- Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Organic Cacao Powder for sprinkling
Do you have any hot chocolate packets left over from winter? If so, use them to make this Iced Chocolate Summer Treat from Burnt Macaroni. It’s perfect for a hot day!
5. Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs Recipe
If you’re tired of having s’mores, try out this refreshing Strawberry Shortcake kabobs instead!
Ingredients Needed to Make Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs Recipe
- Box of White Cake Mix (will need 3 eggs, water, and oil)
- Box of Strawberries, cut in half
- White Chocolate
- Wooden Bamboo Skewers
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs Recipe
- First, follow the instructions on the box to prepare the cake (use a sheet cake pan).
- Then, cut the strawberries into halves or thirds.
- Once the cake is done and cooled, cut the cake into 2-inch cubes.
- Next, layer the cake and strawberries on the skewers.
- In a microwavable measuring cup, melt the white chocolate for about 1 minute, then in 10-second intervals, if not melted.
- Place the kabobs on a lined cookie sheet and drizzle the white chocolate on top of the strawberry shortcake, then place in the refrigerator to let the chocolate set.
More Fun REcipes and Camping Tips from Kids Activities Blog
- Camping with Kids (Tips for Families)
- What to Do When Camping
- Best Family Picnic Foods
- 14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- How to Save Money on Family Vacations
- 5 Ways to Spring Into Spring with Picnic Foods
- Try this hobo dinner recipe! It’s perfect for camping.
Does your family have a camping trip coming up? What meals are you prepping? Comment below!