Are you as excited about spring as I am? I love spring for so many reasons–especially picnic food! These 5 Ways to Spring into Spring with Picnic Foods are the best way to celebrate warmer weather!
5 Ways to Spring into Spring with Picnic Foods
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Fruit Salad
There is nothing sweeter than Burnt Macaroni‘s Easy Fruit Salad! It’s a quick recipe, which makes it an excellent choice for those last-minute outdoor adventures.
Pita Bread Sandwiches… The Perfect Picnic Food!
Pita sandwiches are perfect for picnics, because you don’t have to worry about your sandwich falling apart on your lap!
- Pita bread
- Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- Avocado, cut into slices
- Turkey slices
- Apples, cut into thin slices
- Gruyere Cheese, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Start by cutting the pita bread in half.
- For the first sandwich, fill the pita half with shredded chicken, avocado slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the second sandwich, fill the pita half with turkey slices, cheese, apple slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap sandwiches in parchment paper.
Strawberry Apple Salad
For the Salad:
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
And if you are looking for a dressing for this salad, you have to try Burnt Macaroni‘s Maple Syrup Dressing! Just keep it separate from the salad, until you are ready to serve.
Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar Makes a Yummy Picnic Food Dessert!
- 1 box Banana Cream Jello
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1-8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafers
- 1 1/3 cups Milk
- A tub of Cool Whip
For dessert, we are going back to our favorite mason jar for Burnt Macaroni‘s Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar! It’s easy and so fresh when outside enjoying a picnic.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Picnic Foods and Ideas Your Family Will Love!
- Best Family Picnic Foods
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- Perfect Pretty Picnic for Spring
- Picnic Printable Preschool Worksheet Pack
- What Your Child Will Remember
- Come to the Teddy Bear Picnic
What is your family’s favorite picnic dish? Comment below!