4 Ways to Spring into Spring with Picnic Foods
If you want to avoid the crowds, but still get out of your house, spring picnics are a great idea!
Let’s have fun in the Spring Season
Celebrate warmer weather by packing these spring picnic foods in a basket, grabbing a blanket, and setting up a picnic with your kids in the backyard. It’s fun and it’s free! (You were going to eat anyway, right?)
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
There’s nothing fresher than a bowl (or jar) of fresh fruit salad. Bring some on your first spring picnic!
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Fruit Salad:
- Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, and Blueberries (or whatever fruit you desire)
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- A Lemon
There is nothing sweeter than Burnt Macaroni‘s Easy Fruit Salad! It’s a quick recipe, which makes it an excellent choice for those last-minute outdoor adventures.
2. Pita Bread Sandwiches… The Perfect Picnic Food!
Pita sandwiches are perfect for picnics because you don’t have to worry about your sandwich falling apart on your lap!
Ingredients Needed To Make Pita Bread Sandwiches:
- Pita bread
- Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- Avocado, cut into slices
- Turkey slices
- Apples, cut into thin slices
- Gruyere Cheese, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make Pita Bread Sandwiches:
- Start by cutting the pita bread in half.
- For the first sandwich, fill the pita half with shredded chicken, avocado slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the second sandwich, fill the pita half with turkey slices, cheese, apple slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap sandwiches in parchment paper.
3. Easy Strawberry Apple Salad Recipe
Another great way to enjoy spring is to make a fresh salad!
Ingredients Needed To Make Strawberry Apple Salad
For the Salad:
- Lettuce (any kind works!)
- 6 Strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 medium Apple, cut into small pieces
- 2 Eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- Walnuts, chopped
- Crumbled Goat Cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Burnt Macaroni‘s Strawberry Apple Salad is one of my favorites. Put it in a mason jar, and you can take it along on your picnic!
And if you are looking for a dressing for this salad, you have to try Burnt Macaroni‘s Maple Syrup Dressing! Just keep it separate from the salad, until you are ready to serve.
4. Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar
Yes, you can make a cheesecake in a jar! Hop on to this recipe to find out how!
Ingredients Needed to Make Banana Cream Cheesecake:
- 1 box Banana Cream Jello
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1-8 oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafers
- 1 1/3 cups Milk
- A tub of Cool Whip
For dessert, we are going back to our favorite mason jar for Burnt Macaroni‘s Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar! It’s easy and so fresh when outside enjoying a picnic.
More Picnic Foods and Ideas Your Family Will Love
- Best Family Picnic Foods
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- Perfect Pretty Picnic for Spring
- Picnic Printable Preschool Worksheet Pack
- What Your Child Will Remember
- Come to the Teddy Bear Picnic
What is your family’s favorite spring picnic food? Comment below!