Are you planning a family picnic? Make sure you pack the Best Family Picnic Foods! There is a recipe for everyone, here!
Best Family Picnic Foods
This post contains affiliate links.
- First, in a pre-made lemonade container, pour out about a third of the lemonade (save for later) if you are using homemade lemonade put in air-tight container.
- Add the strawberries, lemon slices, and mint
- Let flavors infuse in the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
Ants on a Log Are One of the Best Family Picnic Foods!
- Start by scooping out peanut butter to fill the bottom of the plastic container, about 2-3 inches thick.
- Then, tick celery slices into the peanut butter.
- Cover, and serve for a snack!
- For Ants on a Log, fill the celery with cream cheese.
- Then, layer the raisins on top.
Peanut Butter & Jelly on a Stick Picnic Food
- First, remove the crust from a slice of bread.
- Next, using a rolling pin, flatten out the bread.
- Then, add a small layer of peanut butter, and a small layer of jelly to the bread.
- Tightly roll bread, and cut into slices.
- Using a wooden skewer, layer the peanut butter and jelly with blueberries and bananas.
Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- First, spread Pimento cheese on a tortilla.
- Then, add a slice of turkey and spinach to the center of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tight, and place toothpicks in the roll about 1-inch apart.
- Next, cut in between the toothpicks.
- Keep refrigerated until ready for your picnic!
Fruit Brownie Kabobs
- First, layer your skewer with the brownie square, blueberries, strawberries, brownie, blueberries, and marshmallow.
- Then, repeat, if you have space.
- Serve for dessert.
Some of our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Family Picnic Fun
- 5 Food on a Stick Recipes for Kids
- Picnic Printables for Preschoolers
- 50+ Picnic Ideas for Kids
- 20 Amazing S’mores Recipes
- 5 Ways to Spring Into Spring with Picnic Foods
- Perfect Pretty Picnic for Spring
- Come to the Teddy Bear Picnic
- Simple Salad Recipes
- 5 Kid-Approved Salad Recipes
What are some of your favorite tips for family picnics with kids? Comment below!