The unofficial kick-off to the summer season is upon us — can you believe it? It is time to break out your best Memorial Day Recipes and start planning your Memorial Day menu.
This post contains affiliate links.
Memorial Day Recipes
Memorial day is a federal holiday where we honor and mourn those in the military who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Most people have this day off and it is now the official start of summer.
What better way to start your summer by planning your Memorial Day menu. Most people celebrate and commemorate with cookouts and picnics and these 5 Memorial Day Recipes to Kick Off the Summer and will get you through any BBQ or picnic this weekend!
Hot Dogs on a Stick
This is ones of the easier Memorial Day dishes and a hit among kids. The bread is warm and fluffy and who doesn’t like hot dogs?
Supplies Needed To Make Hot Dogs On A Stick:
- Hot Dogs (makes 16 or 2 packages)
- A can refrigerated bread stick dough
- Mustard or ketchup for dipping
How To Make Hot Dogs On A Stick:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stick skewer in each of the hot dogs, all the way through.
- Wrap one piece of dough around each hot dog.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked and browned.
- Serve with mustard or ketchup.
Dee’s Potato Salad
Nothing goes better with hot dogs and hamburgers than Dee’s Potato Salad, from Burnt Macaroni! It soooo good!
It is a traditional potato salad, but it is delicious!
Supplies Needed To Make Dee’s Potato Salad:
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1.5 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoon pepper
How To Make Dee’s Potato Salad:
You can find how to make Dee’s delicious potato salad here!
This is delicious kids memorial day weekend recipe is sweet with a hit of savory.
Watermelon Blueberry Salad
Need more summer dishes for kids? We got you! They will love this sweet fruit salad! It’s sweet, citrusy, with a bit of salty cheese, it is the perfect Memorial Day recipe.
Ingredients To Make Watermelon Blueberry Salad:
- 1 Mini Watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
How To Make Watermelon Blueberry Salad:
- In a serving bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, mint, and cheese.
- Pour the lime juice on top and mix.
- Serve, and enjoy!
Patriotic Marshmallow Crunch Brownies
This is not only a fun Memorial Day recipe, but an important Memorial day dish. Many times people forget the patriotic side of this holiday, and I think this sweet treat does it justice.
Supplies Needed To Make Patriotic Marshmallow Crunch Brownies:
- Box Family Size Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (for the mix 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup oil)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Red, blue M&M’s
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
Head on over to Back for Seconds for this fun recipe!
Memorial Day Punch
No cookout is complete without a refreshing drink! This is one of the more fun Memorial day recipes. It is patriotic with red white and blue, sweet, cold, and tart. Perfect for a hot day!
Supplies Needed To Make Memorial Day Punch:
How To Make Memorial Day Punch:
- Using a mason jar as a glass, fill the glass 1/4 the way up with the red Cran-Cherry Juice, then fill the glass with ice.
- Next, water down the lemonade, so the color is closer to white than yellow. Fill the glass another 1/4 the way with lemonade.
- Finally, top with the blue color (Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid) the rest of the way to the top.
- Cup the tip of the Twizzlers candy to use as a straw.
More Delicious Summer Recipes
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the yummy food! Check out these dishes:
- 18 Flavor-Filled Backyard Grilling Recipes
- 5 Homemade Slurpees Recipes
- 15 Delicious Watermelon Recipes
- 5 Sweet Campfire and Other Summer Dessert Ideas
Looking for more Memorial Day ideas? We have them!
What are you doing on Memorial Day? Comment below!