The unofficial kick-off to the summer season is upon us — can you believe it? These 5 Memorial Day Recipes to Kick Off the Summer will get you through any bbq or picnic this weekend!
This post contains affiliate links.
• Hot Dogs (makes 16 or 2 packages)
• 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
• Mustard or ketchup for dipping
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Stick skewer in each of the hot dogs, all the way through.
• Wrap one piece of dough around each hot dog.
• Put in oven for 20 minutes, or until the dough is cooked and browned.
• Serve with mustard or ketchup.
Dee’s Potato Salad
Nothing goes better with hot dogs and hamburgers than Dee’s Potato Salad, from Burnt Macaroni! It soooo good!
Watermelon Blueberry Salad
- 1 Mini Watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled
- Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- In a serving bowl, combine watermelon, blueberries, mint, and cheese.
- Pour the lime juice on top and mix.
- Serve, and enjoy!
- Box Family Size Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (for the mix 2 eggs, 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup oil)
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Red, blue M&M’s
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Follow instructions on box to make brownies.
- Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows, and 1 cup red/blue M&M’s.
- Pour into greased 13×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean.
- Put white chocolate chips in a microwavable mixing cup and microwave for 1 minute. If not melted, heat for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour over brownies and top with remaining M&M’s.
Thanks to Back for Seconds for this fun idea
Memorial Day Punch
- Using a mason jar as a glass, fill the glass 1/4 the way up with the red Cran-Cherry Juice, then fill the glass with ice.
- Next, water down the lemonade, so the color is closer to white than yellow. Fill the glass another 1/4 the way with lemonade.
- Finally, top with the blue color (Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid) the rest of the way to the top.
- Cup the tip of the Twizzlers candy to use as a straw.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Nothing makes me happier than finding new “toys” for my kitchen! Here are some of my favorites:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Delicious Summer Recipes
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the yummy food! Check out these dishes:
- 18 Flavor-Filled Backyard Grilling Recipes
- 5 Homemade Slurpees Recipes
- 15 Delicious Watermelon Recipes
- 5 Sweet Campfire and Other Summer Dessert Ideas
What are you doing on Memorial Day? Comment below!