How to Wrap a Gift Perfectly Every Time
Want to learn how to wrap a present like a professional? Wrapping holiday gifts is one of my favorite parts of Christmas! When I learned this special trick for how to wrap a present, it made things so much easier, more fun and so much faster. Take just 5 minutes to learn these how to wrap a gift steps and wrapping presents in the future will be a breeze!
How to Wrap a Gift
For this tutorial, we’ll be wrapping a rectangular box with a sheet of wrapping paper and 3 pieces of clear tape.
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Gift Wrap a Box Step by Step Instructions
Cut your paper to fit the box.
Leave enough paper to wrap around the box lengthwise and to fold over half the box on the ends.
Wrap the paper around your box lengthwise and tape into place.
Now, it’s time to close up the ends.
That’s where the special trick is:
- Fold the top half of the end paper down from the middle and crease it on either side.
- Now, fold in both side pieces into the middle.
- Finally, bring up the bottom piece up and tape into place.
Repeat on the other end.
Add embellishments, gift tags and ribbon or twine for a perfectly wrapped present!
How to Wrap a Present Instruction Video
How to Wrap a Present without tape?
Here are a few different options for wrapping a present without using tape:
- Use ribbon: Tie the ends of the wrapping paper together with ribbon or string. This works well for smaller gifts and can be tightened for a secure hold.
- Use stickers: Instead of tape, use stickers with a strong adhesive to hold the wrapping paper in place. This method is good for gifts with flat surfaces, like books or DVDs.
- Use a gift bag. Gift bags come in a range of sizes and can be a super convenient way to wrap up a present without needing tape or ribbon.
Gift Wrapping Boxes with the Best Wrapping Paper
Are you looking for a high quality wrapping paper that doesn’t tear easily? Here’s some that we’d recommend:
- Reversible Christmas Gift Wrapping Paper Bundle: Not only is this Christmas wrapping paper extremely durable, but it also has reversible patterns!
- Brown Jumbo Kraft Paper Roll: If you’d like a neutral wrapping paper to use, this one is the way to go.
- However if you want something to use instead of wrapping paper, you can also use these gift bags!
Places to Hide Christmas Presents
Now that you’ve got all your gifts wrapped up and ready to go, the next thing you’ll have to do is figure out some places to hide them!
- Suitcase: this is a great place to hide presents. Just zip them up inside some unused suitcases and store them in a closet as usual.
- Car: smaller gifts can easily be stored in the glove compartment, and bigger presents can be hidden in the trunk!
- Dresser: your kids aren’t likely to be snooping around your clothes, so putting gifts under clothes in your dresser is a good hiding spot.
- Falsely Labeled Boxes: have some large boxes labeled with boring things and store Christmas presents inside. Be sure to tape them up!
- Closet: if you’re going to be hiding presents in your closet, make sure to put it high up where it can’t be reached and store it inside something that isn’t suspicious (like a clothed bag or suitcase).
- Kids Room: sometimes the best places to hide things are in plain sight! Store your kids presents high up in their closets. They most likely will look in other places, and never their own room. Perfect!
- Basement or Attic: these are always great places to hide gifts if you have them!
How To Wrap A Present Like a Pro for Christmas
Follow these super simple steps how to wrap a gift with gift wrap quickly, easily and perfectly every single time. Once you know this gift wrapping trick, your present wrapping life gets much easier!
- Something to wrap: box, book, rectangular gift
- Wrapping paper
- Cut your wrapping paper to fit the box: Leave enough paper to wrap around the box lengthwise and fold over half the box at the ends.
- Wrap the paper around your box lengthwise and secure with tape leaving the ends open for the next step and turn the box top down.
- One end at a time, fold the top half of the paper down from the middle and crease on either side in triangle away from top, then push those triangle folds toward the middle of the box creasing the paper as you go. Then pull the bottom up allowing the triangle crease to deepen and secure in the middle with tape.
- Repeat on other side.
- Add gift tag, ribbon and present embellishments.
Christmas Gift Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- 170+ Star Wars Gift Ideas – Got a big Star Wars fan? They’ll love these gift ideas!
- 22 Creative Money Gift Ideas – See the different creative ways you can gift money.
- DIY Gift Ideas: Holiday Bath Salts – Make your own DIY bath salts for the holidays.
- 55+ Of The Best Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make – Here are several homemade gifts your kids can make!
Gift Wrapping FAQs
The purpose of gift wrapping is to spruce up a present and make it even more exciting for the recipient to open. It’s a great way to add a personal touch and make the gift feel extra special. Plus, let’s be real – it’s always more fun to tear into a beautifully wrapped present than a plain old box. So go ahead and take the time to wrap that gift with care – your loved ones will appreciate the extra effort!
When it comes to gift giving, it’s not all about the wrapping – it’s the thought that counts! So, don’t stress too much about whether your gift is perfectly wrapped or not. Instead, focus on choosing a gift that is meaningful and will be appreciated by the recipient. That being said, a beautifully wrapped gift can add an extra layer of excitement and surprise, so if you’re feeling creative and want to go the extra mile, go for it! Just remember, the most important thing is to show the recipient that you care.
Gift wrapping a large box can be intimidating, but fear not! With the right materials and a bit of patience, you can turn that oversized present into a beautifully wrapped masterpiece. All you need is some wrapping paper, scissors, tape, and a touch of creativity. Don’t be afraid to add some ribbons or bows for extra pizazz, and don’t forget the all-important gift tag. Before you know it, that big box will be ready to impress the lucky recipient. Happy wrapping!
How did your gift wrapping go? Were you able to follow these simple instructions on how to wrap a present?