Watermelon is a favorite summer staple and these delicious watermelon recipes are crazy good! Eating watermelon cools down a hot summer day. These favorite watermelon recipes will give you more ways to eat the delicious fruit! These watermelon recipes are sure to be a family hit and the star of any BBQ.
Best Watermelon Recipes for Summer
Watermelon is a long-time favorite of everyone in my house. It’s juicy, sweet, and overall delicious. You can eat it plain, with a dash of salt, or even with a little chamoy and tajin.
Did you know that watermelon is good for you?
watermelon is low in calories and full of vitamins A, B, and C. Also, because it’s so juicy it helps keep you hydrated, plus it has electrolytes like potassium and magnesium! Let’s not forget about the fiber either!
Related: Speaking of fruit, check out this homemade fruit roll up recipe!
Favorite REcipes with Watermelon
So enjoy watermelon this summer with these amazing watermelon recipes!
1. Watermelon Slushies Recipe
Just two ingredients for Kids Activities Blog‘s delicious and refreshing drink. It’s cold, sweet, and tart. Perfectly refreshing for a hot day!
2. Watermelon Fruit Pizza Recipe
Hallecake‘s perfect (healthy) summer snack is for kids of all ages and totally tubular dude. It’s refreshing and will help keep your kids energized and hydrated, plus it is fun to make.
3. Apple Watermelon Caramel Recipe
Want something sweet and delicious to serve up? Try this! I’ve never had watermelon and caramel together, I’m totally down to try it! Check out the recipe via Simplistically Living.
4. Watermelon Popsicles Recipe
Popsicles are a must-have during hot weather! These are delicious and totally healthy because they are 100% fruit! Read One Lovely Life to see how easy it is to make!
5. Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail Recipe
Don’t worry! Baking Beauty‘s recipe can be made for kids or adults depending on 1 ingredient that you can totally omit. Perfect for a BBQ! This is so easy to make and everyone will love it.
6. Watermelon Sorbet Recipe
Make a homemade watermelon sorbet that is surprisingly easy from Skinny Ms. This is the perfect dessert after a delicious meal cooked on the grill!
7. Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad Recipe
Your favorite fruit is all in one side dish. I make this for my family sometimes! I like to add a touch of honey and a little ground ginger to mine. Learn more from Fork Knife Swoon.
8. Watermelon Jerky Recipe
Yes, you read that right. Dry out some watermelon for Dash of Butter‘s yummy snack. Add a little chili lime seasoning to make it exciting!
9. Watermelon Lemonade Recipe
This is the best kind of lemonade from Cooking Classy! It’s tart, sweet, and the combination is super refreshing! One of my favorites.
10. Watermelon Key Lime Slushie Recipe
Uh, this looks amazing and is perfect for hot summer days. This mixes two of my favorite things: watermelon and key lime and I’m super excited to try this via Simplistically Living.
11. Watermelon Salsa Recipe
You might skip right over the chips and go straight to a spoon! If you’ve never had watermelon salsa before let me just say… you’re missing out. See Reluctant Entertainer, to make one right now!
12. WatermelonPops Recipe
Simply Made Recipes‘ watermelon ice pop is great for the summer! The best part is you can take it on the go as well.
13. Sour Watermelon Gummies Recipe
Your kids will love Meatified‘s homemade gummies… and so will you! Or at least I will. I love all things sour!
14. Watermelon Green Tea Refresher Recipe
The Busy Baker‘s cocktail is delicious, healthy, and alcohol-free. What could get better than this?
15. Cilantro Grilled Watermelon Recipe
If you’re looking for something new and fun to try on the grill, this is it! Cilantro grilled watermelon has such complex flavors. You have the smoke, the sweetness, and the interesting taste cilantro gives. Don’t like cilantro? Add mint instead. Check out The Stay At Home Chef for the step-by-step guide.
16. Watermelon Yogurt Pops Recipe
Watermelon mixed with greek yogurt is a sweet treat you can feel good about. It’s sweet, creamy, and healthy. Protein, fiber, vitamins, are all great things your body needs. Read how to make it via Chocolate Moosey.
17. Watermelon Ice Recipe
Taste and Tell‘s watermelon ice recipe might be my new favorite way to drink water. I will definitely have to try watermelon ice in my drinks!
18. Watermelon Mango Pico de Gallo
Served with chips, this recipe is so good! Or, I’m just saying, I really like eating watermelon mango Pico de Gallo with salmon by Damn Delicious.
This article contains affiliate links.
Easy Ways to Slice Watermelons
Any watermelon recipe can be made easier with a watermelon slicer. Here are a few of our favorite watermelon slicers:
- Norpro Watermelon Slicer in silver which delivers watermelon slices with less mess and less waste.
- This watermelon slicer cutter 2-in-1 is a watermelon fork slicer and knife.
- Try this Yueshico Stainless Steel Automatic Watermelon Slicer Cutter Knife with rotating wheel.
- Choxila Watermelon Cutter Slicer for quick, safe watermelon slicing and cutting.
Related: Pssst… Don’t miss out on these great red white and blue desserts!
More Yummy Watermelon Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- Love Sunny D? Well they brought back their lemonade and watermelon flavors!
- You aren’t the only one who likes watermelon! Make these watermelon pupsicles so your furry friend can have a sweet treat this summer.
- Watermelon blueberry salad is my absolute favorite! Sweet, savory, minty, nom!
- This is the best lemonade recipe ever! But we have a fun watermelon variation as well!
- Need picnic ideas? Between watermelon rice krispie treats and watermelon sticks you can’t go wrong.
- Use the watermelon rind to make a watermelon helmet or basket to hold all the fruit for your party.
Which watermelon recipe are you planning on making first this summer?
These watermelon recipes would be great for a summer party! Here are some ideas for a summer party for kids!