It is so easy to over spend at Christmas time, when often kids enjoy the more simple homemade gifts as much, if not more than the store-bought gifts. We have featured homemade gifts for 1 year olds, homemade gifts for 2 year olds and now…
21 ideas of gifts that you can make for your three year old!
Homemade Gifts for 3 Year Olds
Being 3 years old is an adventure which is why all these homemade gifts are full of colorful fun! Many of them are simple to make and you could use a 3 year old assistant for the gift making silliness!
- Keep the monsters at bay with a silly character pillow.
- Play potato head, anywhere with this DIY felt board game. Super cute!
- Add some sparkle to average playdough with items you have in your bathroom – sparkly shiny playdough is a great gift!
- Make a spinning top from a toothpick and strips of colorful paper. Your kids will love watching it wind up and spin.
- Transform a sock into a horse – these are just adorable, easy to make and perfect for the cowboy/girl in your home.
- Go fishing with your kiddos â€“ in your living room â€“ Make a set of fish for your child to catch.
- For an active three year old, especially one with siblings, make a set of Velcro Balls for them to play ball with.
- A set of stilts will fascinate your child as they attempt to navigate the world at new levels.
- My three year olds love playing pretend. You can create a Dr. Play kitfor them to help heal all the boo-boos and owies.
- Create a Bubble Blower from straws for your kids to make the best bubble snakes. Include a jar of homemade unbreakable bubble juice.
- Create a set of silly face sticks. These are a great gift for the kids who love to play pretend or for photo booth props.
- Your kids can learn the alphabet as they exercise with a DIY ABC mat.
- This is a great toy to make and bring out and about. Car lovers will love getting to play with their cars on-the-go.
- A hilarious set of mix-and-match monster magnets will add some color to the fridge and entertain your tots.
- This is a great gift for kids to make for others – craft stick puzzles. Half the fun is creating them for friends to solve.
- Help your kids develop balance and spatial awareness of where they are, with a bouncing board.
- Be super silly with disguises. These felt mustaches are sure to put a smile on all three year old faces (and their older pals).
- Make washing hands a fun experience – make surprise “eggs” of soap for your kids to wash with.
- Make Rock People using pebbles around the yard. You can gift your child a set of decorated pebbles, and a set of paint pens with extra rocks for them to make their own “family” of rocks.
- This is an awesome puzzle to gift to a young preschooler in your life. The felt squares make it perfect for an on-the-go activity.
- Goop! Make your own. Your kids will love how slimy it feels and moms will love how it does not leave a residue like playdough, making clean-up easier.
Did we miss any that you would recommend?