Hands On Learn Through Play - Over 700 Learning Activities for Kids of All Ages
Put down the textbook and get some hands-on learning through play! Here at Kids Activities Blog we are big champions of fun. We know that when kids learn something through an activity or craft, they will remember it longer, process it more fully and have more fun.
Educational Activities for Kids
Many of our learning activities are used in classrooms and homeschool lessons, but don't stop there! These are just plain fun. They make the perfect after school, rainy day or "mom I'm bored" activity too!
Reading, writing, STEM, Science and so many other things can be learned through play.
What makes it even more fun is that kids of different ages can learn and play together.
Reading for Kids
Explore books, reading and play games! Learning to read is an incredibly important skill for kids which can seem challenging for many children. We have reading activities, reading games and reading tips to make it easy to gain reading skills. Reading is fun and opening the adventure for kids is key to their reading level development.
Check out all our reading activities: Reading for Kids
Do you have a favorite book? Or want to explore reading beyond the pages? Check out over 40 resources on books for kids!
Learn Colors, Letters, Numbers & More
These essential preschool skills allow future success in school and are the foundational building block on so many lessons. Here are some resources to teach kids colors, letters, numbers and more...
- Over 140 ways to learn colors
- Find ways to learn numbers with math activities for kids
- 155+ Alphabet for kids - activities, games & crafts for every letter of the alphabet!
- Preschool activities - over 1200 fun things to do with a preschooler
- Kindergarten ideas - almost 1K fun ways to play and learn including worksheets for Kindergarten.
File Folder Games
File folder games are perfect to make with and for kids because they put all the learning fun into one place...a file folder! And because they are in a file folder, they are easily stored for future learning. Teachers, homeschoolers and parents use file folder games to create educational activities for children to play.
Our Top Educational Activities for Kids
- Best workbooks for preschoolers.
- Barnes and Noble summer reading program that we love.
- Sesame Street books <--big list of free online books for kids.
- A nostalgic book club that just keeps running...have you checked into the Scholastic book club for your kids or students?
Keep browsing the hundreds of fun ways that you and your child can learn together with hands on learning play...