What animal has strong feet, and a long tail, and could beat you in a boxing match? The kangaroo, of course! We love learning about this amazing animal, and that’s why we are sharing with you these kangaroo facts coloring pages!
Download and print our facts about kangaroos, grab your crayons and coloring pencils, and let’s have some learning fun!
Kangaroos are the size of a grape when they are born, isn’t that so cool? There are lots of other cool things to learn about kangaroos, so keep on reading!
Kangaroo facts FOR KIDS
- Kangaroos are marsupials that belong to a small group of animals called macropods. They have small front legs, powerful hind legs, and a muscular tail.
- There are 4 types of kangaroos: Eastern grey kangaroo, red kangaroo, antilopine kangaroo, and western grey kangaroo.
- They are only found naturally in Australia and Papua New Guinea.
- The kangaroo population in Australia is 48 million, while the population in Uruguay is around 3,457,380 inhabitants. That means that if the kangaroos decide to invade Uruguay, each Uruguayan will have to fight 14 kangaroos.
- Kangaroos are known for their incredible jumping ability. They can cover up to 25 feet in a single bound and reach speeds of up to 35 miles per hour.
- Newborn joeys are about the size of a jellybean and are born after a gestation period of about 30-35 days. They are blind, hairless, and rely on their mother’s milk for survival.
- Baby kangaroos, or joeys, stay in their mother’s pouch for several months until they are strong enough to venture out.
- The red kangaroo is the largest marsupial in the world. Males can grow up to 6 feet tall and weigh over 200 pounds, while female kangaroos are smaller, averaging around 4 feet tall and weighing around 100 pounds.
- Kangaroos typically travel short distances, rarely exceeding a few miles a day.
- Kangaroos are known for their incredible jumping ability.
- They move in small groups, known as troops or mobs, that consist of a dominant male, several females, and their offspring.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR KANGAROO FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Kangaroo facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, watercolors…
- The printable kangaroo facts coloring sheets template pdf — see button below to download & print.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Kangaroo facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Kangaroo facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Dinosaur facts for kids
- Tiger facts for kids
- Bald eagle facts for kids
- Cheetah facts for kids
- Whale facts for kids
- Monkey facts for kids
- Frog facts for kids
- Bat facts for kids
- Turtle facts for kids
- Elephant facts for kids
- Panda facts for kids
- Penguin facts for kids
- Giraffe facts for kids
What was your favorite kangaroo fact?