This Christmas Eve Box Holiday Tradition may just be my favorite holiday tradition for kids. It is something that my family used to do when I was growing up, and I’ve continued to do it with my kids and the perfect family holiday idea to go along with Christmas pajamas!
Christmas Eve Box Holiday Tradition
We have been celebrating Christmas eve with a Christmas Eve box since I can remember.
What is a Christmas Eve Box?
Christmas Eve boxes are typically given to young children as a way to break up the anticipation of the next day with some small gifts and activities.–BBC News, The Curious Case of the Christmas Eve Box
Making your own Christmas Eve box tradition is easy to start this year. Here are some of our favorite ideas.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed to Make a Christmas Eve Box
- For this holiday tradition, you’ll first need a box.
- Printable “Do not open until Christmas Eve” tags – see free printable file below.
Any box will do — I found a pretty gift box this year, but in the past, we’ve used old shipping boxes or even t-shirt boxes.
Inside, pack items that will help you have a fun Christmas Eve!
Gift Ideas to Add to Your Christmas Eve Box
Wrap up your box, add a cute tag, and put it under the tree!
Download & Print Do Not Open Until Christmas Eve Tag Here
I always looked forward to opening my Christmas Eve box as a kid. And I hope my son does, too!
More Christmas Treats Perfect for Christmas Eve
Another great way to get into the Christmas spirit, is to make these sweet festive treats!
- 30 Oreo Recipes That You Have To Make This Holiday Season: Obsessed with Oreo’s? We got you covered! Choose from over 30 Oreo based recipes to try this Christmas.
- 75+ Christmas Cookie Recipes You Have To Try: Christmas cookies are magical. What better way to spend Christmas than by making some delicious cookies?
- 40+ Fun Christmas Treats To Make With Your Family: Have the whole family head into the kitchen to make these yummy sweet treats!
- 14 Festive Christmas Breakfast Ideas: Not sure what to make for breakfast on Christmas day? Then take a look at these festive recipes for inspiration!
Things to do on Christmas Day at Home
Not sure what to do around the house on Christmas day after all the presents are opened?
Make Holiday Slime Recipes
- Christmas Tree Slime: Make your own Christmas tree…with slime!
- Fluffy Snow Slime: This slime recipe is fluffy and resembles real snow.
- Glow in the Dark Slime: Try something new with this glow in the dark slime.
- Snowy Slime: Stick to the classics and make some snowy slime!
Print out these FREE Christmas Printables!
- 70 FREE Christmas Printables: Choose from over 70 FREE holiday themed printables.
- Gingerbread Man Printables for Kids: Your kids will LOVE these free gingerbread printables. Run run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me…I’m the gingerbread man!
- Christmas Printables for Kids: Using these Christmas printables is a perfect way for your kids to unwind and relax.
- Winter Printable Pack: Enjoy the winter without the coldness with this printable pack!
Has your family celebrated the holidays with a Christmas Eve Box?