Today we are making a really cool and easy glow in the dark slime recipe that has a little extra glowing surprise texture that makes it even more fun for play. This stretchy, slimey and bumpy slime also glows with different shades in the dark. Kids of all ages will love making and playing with this fun DIY slime recipe.
DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Slime Recipe
Our glow in the dark slime recipe was inspired by the ozonium featured in the show, Lost in Oz. When my son first saw it, he said, “Hey, that looks like slime!” And this glowing slime recipe was created.
Related: 15 more ways how to make slime at home
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make Glow in the Dark Slime
Glow-in-the-Dark Slime Ingredients Needed
- 4 oz bottle clear glue
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- Glow-in-the-Dark paint
- Glow-in-the-Dark water beads
- 1 Tbsp contact solution
Instructions to Make Glow in the Dark Slime Recipe
Pour the glue into a bowl and add the baking soda and mix together.
Stir in some glow-in-the-dark paint.
Add the glow-in-the-dark water beads to the slime mixture.
Add the contact solution and stir until the slime starts to come together in the middle of the bowl.
Remove from the bowl and knead with your hands until the slime reaches the desired consistency and becomes less sticky.
Note: You can add more contact solution if needed.
Finished Glow in the DArk Slime REcipe
Use a light to “charge up” the slime — the longer it’s exposed to the light, the longer it will glow!
How to Store Your Slime for Later Play
Store your slime in an airtight container so you can play with it later!
Glow in the Dark Ozonium Slime
Now you can watch Lost in Oz with your very own jar of ozonium!
MORE HOMEMADE SLIME RECIPES FOR KIDS TO MAKE
- More ways how to make slime without borax.
- Another fun way of making slime — this one is black slime that is also magnetic slime.
- Try making this awesome DIY slime, unicorn slime!
- Make pokemon slime!
- Somewhere over the rainbow slime…
- Inspired by the movie, check out this cool (get it?) Frozen slime.
- Make alien slime inspired by Toy Story.
- Crazy fun fake snot slime recipe.
- Another way to make your own glow in the dark slime.
- Try this cool galaxy slime recipe!
- Don’t have time for making your own slime? Here are a few of our favorite Etsy slime shops.
This article was originally written in 2017 as a sponsored post. All sponsorship language has been removed and the content updated.