We all want the best for our kiddos and that includes what we feed them. These Brain Food Recipes for Kids are the perfect healthy and yummy snacks! They feature the top brain nutrients for both kids and adults.
Brain Food Recipes for Kids
All kids are smart! And they need nurturing too. The first step in taking good care of our brainy kids is through food, of course! So here are 5 recipes that will give more brainpower to your little ones. It’s all yummy, tasty, easy-to-make, and really brain-harnessing!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Sausage and Egg Breakfast Roll-Ups
Wake up those smart brain cells by making this recipe in the morning. Sausage and egg breakfast roll-ups are tasty and a good headstart of the day!
Ingredients for Sausage and Egg Breakfast Roll-ups
- 1 box Sausage Links
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- White Corn or Flour Tortillas
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Roll-ups Recipe Instructions
- Start by using a large skillet to cook the sausage links on medium-high heat. Then, remove from the pan.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with a splash of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs in the same pan as the sausage links.
- Next, add the spinach, with about 2 minutes left on the eggs.
- Remove from the heat.
- Then add eggs and spinach to the center of a tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese, and one sausage link.
- Roll up with seam side down, on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Oatmeal Yogurt Cups Recipe
Oatmeal and yogurt are good on their own but combine them and they are unstoppable! I love this brain food combination so much! Perfect for breakfast or snacks, or anytime you want!
Ingredients for Oatmeal Yogurt Cup Recipe
- 1/4 cup Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Greek Yogurt
How to Make Easy Oatmeal Yogurt Cup Recipe
Go to this site to get the steps for Oatmeal Yogurt Cups.
3. Sweet Apple Peanut Butter Slices
This super easy apple peanut butter slices recipe is one of the best! You’ll never think how healthy and yummy this is for your kids!
Ingredients for Apple Peanut Butter Slices
Instructions in Making Sweet Apple Peanut Butter Slices
- First, slice apples into large, round slices (core beforehand, if you have an apple corer).
- Then, spread peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella on apple.
- Top with raisins (or dried cranberries) and almond slices.
- You can also use chocolate chips, M&M‘s, or nuts.
4. Easy Parmesan Kale Chips
This easy Parmesan kale chips recipe is not just for brainpower. It’s also a very fun way to help your kiddos eat veggies! Hit two birds with one stone!
Ingredients for Easy Parmesan Kale Chips Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bag of Organic Kale
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Easy Parmesan Kale Chips Recipe Instructions
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, wash and separate kale into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt. Then, mix.
- Next, add parmesan cheese, and then mix again.
- On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges start to brown.
More Healthy Recipes for Kids
- Easy Healthy Recipes Using the #1 Technique for Vegetables Kids Love!
- 5 Simple and Healthy Wrap Recipes
- 20 Healthy (and Super Cute) Egg Recipes for Kids
- 25 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Edible Rainbow Craft: A Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Snack!
- 5 Kid-Approved Salad Recipes
- Healthy (and Quick) Snacks for Kids
- Fruit Leather Recipe
What’s your child’s favorite healthy snack? Comment below!