We all want the best for our kiddos and that includes what we feed them. These 5 Brain Food Recipes for Kids are the perfect way to start (or end) the school day! They feature the top brain nutrients for both kids and adults!
5 Brain Food Recipes for Kids
This post contains affiliate links.
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Roll-Ups
- 1 box Sausage Links
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- White Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Start by using a large skillet to cook the sausage links on medium-high heat. Then, remove from the pan.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with a splash of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the eggs in the same pan as the sausage links.
- Next, add the spinach, with about 2 minutes left on the eggs.
- Remove from the heat.
- Then add eggs and spinach to the center of a tortilla.
- Top with shredded cheese, and one sausage link.
- Roll up with seam side down, on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
A Yummy Brain Food Recipe for Kids: Oatmeal Yogurt Cups
- 1/4 cup Bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 1/4 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Greek Yogurt
Another great option for a kids breakfast that includes at least 2 “brain foods” is this recipe for Oatmeal Yogurt Cups.
Apple Peanut Butter Slices
- First, slice apples into large, round slices (core beforehand, if you have an apple corer).
- Then, spread peanut butter, almond butter, or Nutella on apple.
- Top with raisins (or dried cranberries) and almond slices.
- You can also use chocolate chips, M&M‘s, or nuts.
Parmesan Kale Chips is the Perfect Brain Food Recipe for Kids!
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bag of Organic Kale
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, wash and separate kale into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt. Then, mix.
- Next, add parmesan cheese, and then mix again.
- On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until edges start to brown.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Healthy Recipes for Kids
- Easy Healthy Recipes Using the #1 Technique for Vegetables Kids Love!
- 5 Simple and Healthy Wrap Recipes
- 20 Healthy (and Super Cute) Egg Recipes for Kids
- 25 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Edible Rainbow Craft: A Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Snack!
- 5 Kid-Approved Salad Recipes
- Healthy (and Quick) Snacks for Kids
- Fruit Leather Recipe
What’s your child’s favorite healthy snack? Comment below!