Do you have a hard time getting your kids to eat a salad? Making these 5 Kid-Approved Salad Recipes with your little ones might help!
5 Kid-Approved Dinner Salad Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing
This is my pick for favorite salad this year! Burnt Macaroni‘s Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing recipe is perfect for everyone in your family. And because it’s in a jar, you can take it with you!
Green Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- A pound of Fresh Green Beans
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Feta Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- First, in a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Then, cook the green beans for 5-10 minutes, until tender.
- Immediately drain the green beans, and put them in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes, to stop the cooking.
- Next, drain the beans again, and then pat dry.
- Toss the beans, in a bowl, with the tomatoes.
- Then, in a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the green beans. Cover the bowl, and chill for at least 1 hour before you serve.
- Add the feta cheese and bacon right before serving.
Taco Salad with Doritos
- Taco meat (1 pound ground beef, 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Hearts, chopped
- 1 cup of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Cheese Doritos, broken into pieces
- Catalina dressing
- Start by preparing the taco meat.
- Then, in a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato, and cheese.
- Add taco meat, and combine.
- When ready to serve, add the Doritos and the dressing.
BLT Caesar Salad
- A cup of chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked Bacon, chopped
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- A cup of Croutons
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper
- First, in a large salad bowl add romaine, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, and parmesan cheese, mix completely.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
- Add the dressing to the salad and serve
Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Dressing:
- Start by preparing the dressing, and then set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine spinach, mixed greens, strawberries, and pecans.
- Add dressing, and then mix completely.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Easy Salad Recipes
- 5 Simple Salad Recipes to Eat Healthier in the New Year!
- Summer Salads That Won’t Make You Feel Guilty
- Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
- Greek Pasta Chicken Salad
Do your kids like salad? Comment below!