5 Tasty Kid-Approved Salad Recipes
Do you have a hard time getting your kids to eat a salad? Making these 5 Kid-Approved Salad Recipes with your little ones might help!
EAsy and Kid-Approved Dinner Salad Recipes
Veggies and salads may not be your kiddo’s favorite food, and we understand the dilemma. That’s why we made this delicious and kid-approved salad recipe list to help you introduce veggies and salads to them the easier way!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Awesome Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Salad in a Jar with Poppy Seed Dressing recipe is perfect for everyone in your family. And because it’s in a jar, you can take it with you!
Ingredients Needed To Make Salad In A Jar With Poppy Seed Dressing:
Candied Pistachios Salad:
- 1 cup Pistachios, with the shell removed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1- 6 oz. container Greek Strawberry Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- A Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds
This is my pick for my favorite salad this year! Burnt Macaroni‘s site will teach you how to make it!
2. Delicious Green Bean Salad Recipe
Green beans have so many nutrients in them. Turn them into a kid-friendly salad and you’ll get super healthy kiddo!
Ingredients Needed To Make Green Bean Salad:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- A pound of Fresh Green Beans
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Feta Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
How To Make Green Bean Salad:
- First, in a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Then, cook the green beans for 5-10 minutes, until tender.
- Immediately drain the green beans, and put them in a bowl of ice water for a few minutes, to stop the cooking.
- Next, drain the beans again, and then pat dry.
- Toss the beans, in a bowl, with the tomatoes.
- Then, in a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the green beans. Cover the bowl, and chill for at least 1 hour before you serve.
- Add the feta cheese and bacon right before serving.
3. Tasty Taco Salad with Doritos Recipe
The little ones will enjoy this crispy and tasty taco salad with Doritos for sure! I mean, who hates Doritos, anyway?
Ingredients Needed To Make Taco Salad:
- Taco meat (1 pound ground beef, 1 packet taco seasoning)
- 2 Romaine Lettuce Hearts, chopped
- 1 cup of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Cheese Doritos, broken into pieces
- Catalina dressing
How To Make Tasty Taco Salad with Doritos:
- Start by preparing the taco meat.
- Then, in a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce, black beans, tomato, and cheese.
- Add taco meat, and combine.
- When ready to serve, add the Doritos and the dressing.
4. Refreshing BLT Caesar Salad
Caesar salad is one of the classics of salads. Turn it into a kid-friendly salad with this easy recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make BLT Caesar Salad:
BLT Caesar Salad:
- A cup of chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked Bacon, chopped
- 3 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- A cup of Croutons
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
- Pinch of Garlic Salt
- A dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Pinch of Salt
- Black Pepper
How To Make BLT Caesar Salad:
- First, in a large salad bowl add romaine, tomatoes, bacon, croutons, and parmesan cheese, mix completely.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
- Add the dressing to the salad and serve
5. Colorful Strawberry Spinach Salad
Kids love strawberries! Try turning them into a healthy salad plate and be amazed at how good they are as a salad! The kids will love it for sure!
Ingredients Needed To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Strawberry Spinach Salad:
- Start by preparing the dressing, and then set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine spinach, mixed greens, strawberries, and pecans.
- Add dressing, and then mix completely.
Easy Salad Recipes
- Summer Salads That Won’t Make You Feel Guilty
- Simple Chicken Salad Recipe
- Greek Pasta Chicken Salad
- Quick and Easy Salad Recipes
- Kids Pasta Salad
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- 5 Minute Greek-ish Salad Recipe
- Savory Beef Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Do your kids like these salad recipes? Which one is their favorite? Comment below!