It seems like more and more people are choosing a wrap over a traditional sandwich.
What do you think?
Today on Family Food Live with Holly & Chris we shared 5 Simple & Healthy Wrap Recipes.
Join us every Wednesday & Friday at 12 Noon CST on the Quirky Momma Facebook Page.
Holly and I are also so honored to be invited to the Texas Pinners Conference & Expo on September 9th & 10th. We are going to be doing one of our Family Food Live with Holly & Chris shows live at the conference on Friday, September 9th at 12 noon. Please join us at the Arlington Convention Center!
If you want to learn more about it or pick up some tickets, go here now. Please use the code: FAMILYFOOD so we know you’ll be coming. You can also use the code: FREESHOPPING to get free access to the trade show floor.
We hope to see you there!
And now on to today’s show! Here are today’s recipes!
5 Simple & Healthy Wrap Recipes
Black Bean & Avocado Wrap
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 1/3 cup canned Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/4 Avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Black Olives, sliced
- Thaw frozen corn under warm water
- Pour salsa in the middle of the tortilla
- Spread black beans, corn, avocado and olives over salsa
- Top with arugula
- Fold edges and roll up the wrap to eat
- Red Onion, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Whole Grain Flatbread
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- In a large skillet, heat up olive oil and add the onion and pepper.
- Season with salt and cook veggies all the way through
- Spread hummus over flatbread
- Add cooked veggies over hummus
- Top with parsley and feta cheese
- Roll up wrap and cut diagonally in half
Chicken Club Wrap
- 8 slices Bacon
- 2 cups shredded Chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Avocado
- 4 Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Lettuce
- 1 Tomato, diced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon, drain and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, season with salt & pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of Mayo and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash the avocado.
- Season with salt & pepper and add remaining 3 tablespoons of Mayo
- Spread the avocado mixture on center of a tortilla
- Add the shredded lettuce on top, followed by the shredded tomatoes
- Add 2 slices of bacon and 1/4 of the chicken mixture on top
- Roll up like a burrito
- Cut in half, serve
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Wrap
- 2 strips Bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 Eggs
- Slice of Cheddar Cheese
- In a skillet, heat up the bacon until crispy, drain excess fat
- In same pan, pour eggs in and fold eggs as it begins to cook
- Add cheese on top of eggs and remove as it begins to melt
- Remove cheese and eggs and place on tortilla
- Add bacon pieces
- Fold together and place back on pan to seal the wrap
- Once it’s sealed and slightly browned, remove and serve hot
Banana & Peanut Butter Roll-Ups
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Banana, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- Spread peanut butter on flatbread
- Add sliced bananas over flatbread
- Drizzle with honey
- Roll up and cut in half
Or catch me on Monday’s at 12 Noon CST Live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
This post contains affiliate links.
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press