Whether your family sits down to watch football, baseball, hockey, or basketball, game day is always a great time to share food and memories. There’s something for everyone in these 5 Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family!
Easy Game Day Snack Ideas Recipe
Nothing brings the family together like good food and Game Day! Whether you’re throwing a big football party, or you’re just viewing the game with your family, we have the best Game Day snacks!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Game Day Italian Sandwich
This Game Day Italian Sandwich is very easy to make. It’s healthy and tangy for everyone in the family.
Ingredients Needed To Make Game Day Italian Sandwich:
- Sandwich roll
- Avocado Mayo
- Provolone Cheese
How To Make A Game Day Italian Sandwich:
- Cut the sandwich roll in half.
- Spread avocado mayo on both sides of the bread.
- Start layering sandwich with ham, salami, capocollo, provolone cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
- Serve hot or cold.
2. Spinach Artichoke Dip in Bread Bowl Recipe
As fast as 30 minutes or less, you, your family, and your friends can dig into this creamy and cheesy appetizer! You may bring in some chips or crackers or simply pinch them from the bread bowl.
Ingredients Needed To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip in Bread Bowl:
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip in Bread Bowl:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute the artichoke heart and spinach over a medium heat, until the liquid has evaporated.
- In a food processor, combine the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach and blend completely.
- Pour into a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the top bubbles.
- While it’s cooking, prepare your bread bowl by taking out the center of the bread (save the bread slices to use for dipping).
- Pour the spinach artichoke dip into the center of the bread bowl.
- Refrigerate the rest for future dipping.
3. Mini Hotdogs Recipe
This snack is very easy and quick to make. Make sure to cook lots of it because the kids will love it!
Ingredients Needed To Make Mini Hotdogs:
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Mini hotdogs
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup heavy Cream, warm
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
How To Make Mini Hotdogs:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove crescent rolls from the can and cut into strips.
- Place the mini hotdog on the crescent dough, and roll around the hotdog.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the water and egg together.
- Using a brush, lightly paint the egg/water mixture on top of each of the hotdog rolls.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
- While the hotdogs are cooking, heat up the cream and mustard, until it comes to a soft boil.
- Remove and serve with mini hotdogs.
4. Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups
Anyone can make this tasty snack with 3 ingredients only and as quick as 10 minutes!
Ingredients Needed To Make Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups:
- Salami Slices
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
How To Make Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups:
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the salami slice.
- Roll up the salami and stick a toothpick in two places of the roll up.
- Cut in half.
- Serve with a toothpick.
5. Traditional Cheese Plate Recipe
Nothing beats this snack idea, which is also perfect as an appetizer for any occasion!
Ingredients Needed To Make Traditional Cheese Plate:
- Garlic Naan
- Olive Oil
- 4 Cheeses of your choice (Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Wine Cheese, and Garlic Herb soft cheese)
- Summer Sausage
- Olives with Blue Cheese
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Green Onions
How To Make A Traditional Cheese Plate:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread olive oil and a pinch of sea salt on each slice of Garlic Naan.
- Put in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Cut into triangular slices, and serve with the cheese plate.
- Assemble all of the cheese plate ingredients on a platter.
Tips for Throwing a Football Party
- The biggest tip for planning a football party is to make sure you have enough food for your guests. You are better off having too much food (and then sending leftovers home with guests) as opposed to not having enough! I also keep a stock of easy snacks, like chips (the mini bag multi-pack chips are the best for guests!), dips, pretzels, cookies, and veggies on hand in case we run out.
- If a guest offers to bring a dish, take them up on it! Every little bit helps.
- When inviting guests, find out if anyone has food sensitivity or allergies. I usually keep some vegetarian/ vegan options (like veggie burgers) on hand, as well, because you never know!
- Have a variety of drinks available for your guests. Not everyone will want an adult beverage, so it’s nice to also have water, sparkling water, and soda available.
- Set up a “conversation/ hang out” area that is out of earshot from the TV, but still in view for the guests who want to talk more than they want to watch.
- Make sure you have take out containers/ paper plates/ foil to send leftovers home with your guests!
- Most importantly, have fun and take pictures!
more football ideas recipes
- 17 Football Shaped Foods for Opening Day
- Football Party Graham Crackers
- Kids Football Party Ideas
- 5 Kid-Friendly Big Game Dessert Ideas
What is your family’s favorite Game Day snack? Comment below!