This weekend is for friends, football and food! We all love food during the big game. It’s also a great chance to get your kiddos involved in the cooking. Today on Family Food Live, 5 Kid-Friendly Big Game Dessert Ideas!
easy and kid-friendly big game dessert ideas
Experience Super Bowl desserts by making these absolutely sporty-looking treats! Be your family’s own MVP and pump up those sweets!
Start your dessert game!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Apple Nachos with Reese’s Idea
Wonderful news for Reese’s fans out there, you may get your daily servings of fruit along with your favorite chocolate. Experience a crunchy dessert with your favorite, melted chocolate drizzled on top! These Dessert Nachos are for you!
Ingredients Needed To Make Apple Nachos With Reese:
- A cup of peanut butter, melted
- 3-4 apples, sliced
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- A cup of Reese’s minis, chopped
- 1 cup Reese pieces
How To Make Apple Nachos With Reese:
- On a serving platter, arrange the apple slices like nacho chips (on top of one another).
- In the microwave, melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips together for 1 minute. If not all the way melted, put it back in the microwave at 10-second increments.
- Drizzle half the melted peanut butter/chocolate mixture on top of the apples.
- Next, sprinkle with the chopped Reese’s minis.
- Drizzle the rest of the peanut butter/chocolate chip mixture on top.
- Add Reese’s pieces on top.
2. Football Cookie Cake Idea
Ready for the football match? Be the hero of the kitchen by making this football cookie cake. It’s delicious and it’s very easy to make!
Ingredients Needed To Make Football Cookie Cake:
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- White decorating frosting
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
How To Make A Football Cookie Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a liner.
- In a food processor, pulse the oats until finely ground.
- Mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the butter and 1 cup of sugar on medium-high with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg. Then, beat until mixed together completely.
- Beat the peanut butter and vanilla into the mixture until nice and creamy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, until the dough is well combined.
- Put the dough on the parchment paper, or liner, and then form the dough into a football shape.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the cake.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Using the white decorating frosting, draw the football laces on the cake.
3. Nutter Butter Football Pops Idea
It’s one of the greatest treats to have when you’re about to have your next-game party every football season. This will be a big hit for any sports-themed parties!
Ingredients Needed To Make Nutter Butter Football Pops:
- Nutter butter cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or 1 pound chocolate wafers
- White Decorating Icing
- Popsicle sticks
How To Make Nutter Butter Football Pops:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a liner.
- In the microwave, or a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Add a popsicle stick to the center of the Nutter Butter, and dip all the way in the melted chocolate.
- Put the football cookies into the refrigerator, so that the the chocolate cools and hardens.
- Once completely cooled, take the white decorating icing and create laces in the center of the football.
4. Fruit Kabob Idea
One of the easiest and most fun ways to make your fruit desserts. You would not even need multiple utensils to do this, just slice them up and skewer in any order you want!
Ingredients Needed To Make Fruit Kabob:
- Assortment of fruit, including strawberries, pineapples, melons, and grapes
- Wooden skewers
How To Make Fruit Kabob:
- Layer the fruit on skewers, and serve!
5. S’mores Nachos Idea
If you have a list of the easiest desserts, then you may add this as one of them. You can make a sweet treat anytime you want by using only 3 simple ingredients.
Ingredients Needed To Make S’mores Nachos:
- Graham crackers, 2 sleeves broken into small pieces
- 1 bag Large marshmallows
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
How To Make S’mores Nachos:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a cast iron skillet, layer graham crackers, and half the marshmallows.
- Add 2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Top with another layer of marshmallows.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are golden brown (you can put it on broil to make it a toasty top).
- In a mixing cup, put the remaining 1 cup of chips in the microwave for 1 minute, or until completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and serve.
How Can I Involve Kids in My Game Day Party?
Kids love spending time with their Mom and Dad, helping in any way that they can! Depending on your child’s age, enlist their help in any age-appropriate chores or party prep tasks that need to be done, from cleaning up the house before/ after the party to planning the menu, grocery shopping, and cooking together! My daughter has always enjoyed setting the table and using her artistic flair to personalize place settings and the food table, so that is usually her job of choice!
Consider the age of the children coming to your football party, and then plan activities around that. Set up a crafting station for kids to make this fun football craft from Mom On Timeout, or ref a kid’s football game in the backyard. Make sure you have plenty of kid-friendly snacks on-hand. Offer make-your-own sundaes, or cupcake decorating.
Invite kids to watch the game with you and cheer on their favorite team!
more fun and kid-friendly treats ideas
- 30 Ovaltine Recipes You Didn’t Know Existed
- 15 Fun Mardi Gras King Cake Ideas
- 25 Kid-Friendly Super Bowl Snacks
- 14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts You Need To Make ASAP
- 20 Yummy Cookies In A Jar – Easy Homemade Mason Jar Mix Ideas
- 25 Yummy Turkey Desserts To Make
What is your best tip or recipe for a kid’s football party? Comment below!