Apple picking season is almost here! These 5 Easy and Quick Fall Apple Recipes are sure to please everyone during your fall gatherings!
What to Make with Fresh Apples
This post includes affiliate links.
Fall is my favorite season! Sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, hayrides, bonfires, and apple picking! It’s a tradition in our family to go to the local apple orchard and pick a huge basket full of fresh apples! The next best part after apple picking, is deciding which apple recipes we will use to make our favorite apple treats for fall! Here are some of my family’s favorites:
Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices
Holly’s Homemade Applesauce
- After you have peeled, cored, and sliced the apples, put them in a pot of water. Cook for 20 minutes, until soft.
- Drain and mix, until it’s soft and turns to liquid.
- Add the sugar, and mix.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
Kids Apple Dump Cake
This is the perfect, easy dessert for any occasion! If you’ve heard of a dump cake, that’s exactly what you do to make this treat. Your family will love this Kids Apple Dump Cake!
Traditional Apple Crisp
- 2 1/2 cups Apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup Flour, sifted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish
- Arrange apple slices evenly in baking dish
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt, add to the apples.
- Cut butter, using two knives, until it looks like cornmeal. Sprinkle butter over the apples.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
Hot Apple Cider
- 8 cups Apple Cider
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 Orange, cut into slices
- 8 Cinnamon Sticks
- In a large saucepan, heat the cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange slices for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is hot.
- Strain the cider into a pitcher or mug.
- Add a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Gluten Free and Vegan Fall Recipes
The best part about most apple recipes is that they are easy to adapt to fit a gluten- free, vegan diet. All you need is a little imagination!
In order to make the Chocolate-Dipped Apple Slices recipe fit for someone with a gluten or dairy allergy, use Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and gluten-free vegan caramel. If a loved one has a nut allergy, omit the pecans, and use some yummy organic, gluten-free, and dairy-free chocolate sprinkles!
For the Kid’s Apple Dump Cake, just buy some gluten-free, vegan yellow cake mix.
The recipes for Holly’s Homemade Applesauce and Hot Apple Cider are already gluten-free and vegan!
Fall Apple Activities for Kids
A trip to the apple orchard is fun and educational! Keep the lessons coming with baking up these yummy treats and crafting or reading as you wait for your treats to come out of the oven!
My daughter and I have always loved to read Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie while baking our fall apple treats. Nothing beats snuggling up to share a good book, while sipping hot apple cider, in a warm, cozy house that smells of apple crisp!
We also love trying out different apple crafts, and painting with apples! While at the apple farm, I usually buy a little hay so that we can make mini scarecrows with old clothes to display in our yard.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
We love trying out new kitchen gadgets! Here are a few of our current favorites:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers (for road trip snacks!)
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
- Fall Popsicle Stick Crafts
- 50+ Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt with Free Printable
What are your favorite apple recipes for fall? Comment below!