I love fall for all of the fun ingredients that come alive this time of year, including all those yummy treats – like these 5 easy desserts for fall!
Easy Fall Dessert recipes for kids and kids at heart
Do you love this time of year because of the food? You’re not alone! Nothing beats gathering with loved ones in a snug and cozy house while hearty and delicious meals and treats bake away!
I don’t always have as much time to spend in the kitchen as I would like, so I keep an arsenal of easy fall deserts for kids, and the whole family.
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Nutella Brownies Recipe
Nutella is one of the most versatile chocolate spreads we have in the market, so why not use it to make brownies? Make each bite burst with gooey and chocolatey flavor!
Ingredients Needed to Make Nutella Brownies Recipe
- 13 oz. Jar Nutella
- 4 eggs
How to Make Nutella Brownies Recipe
This recipe is perfect for a last minute dessert idea. These easy Nutella brownies only take about 30 minutes to prepare. They’re as delicious as they are simple!
2. Oreo Pudding Cake Recipe
I would say that this dessert brings the whole family together because who would not want a pudding made out of Oreo, right? Get ready to experience a heavenly taste with each layer of chocolate pudding!
Ingredients Needed to Make Oreo Pudding Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients for cake (eggs, oil, water)
- 2 4 oz. packages of instant Oreo pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 8 oz. tub cool whip
- Crushed Oreos
How to Make Oreo Pudding Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish, and make cake, according to instructions.
- When the cake is finished, let it cool, and poke holes all over it with a wooden spoon handle.
- In a medium bowl, add milk to the dry pudding mix and whisk until lumps are removed. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Pour the thickened mixture over the holes of cake, and spread over cake.
- Cover with a cool whip (or another whipped cream).
- Put in the fridge to cool completely.
- Crush 6-8 Oreos to sprinkle on top.
3. Apple Pie Rolls Recipe
The kind of roll that will make your day just by the smells of it. This dessert recipe only takes a few minutes to make, so grab your coffee or tea to compliment these pie rolls!
Ingredients Needed to Make Apple Pie Spice Recipe
Ingredients Needed to Make Apple Pie Rolls Recipe
- Granny smith apple, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- A can of crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (please check the ingredients above and recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make Apple Pie Spice and Apple Pie Rolls Recipe
If you love the smell of an apple pie baking in your kitchen, this dessert is perfect for you. Click here: apple pie recipe for instructions on how to make the apple pie spice and the apple pie rolls. This can also be served for a weekend brunch, or as a snack after apple picking!
4. Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
Talk about being easy! This chocolate mug cake recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and makes the perfect amount of cake for one person.
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
How to Make Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- Put the milk and butter pieces in a 14-ounce microwavable mug.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, to allow the butter to melt.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Then, mix with a fork.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and then microwave on high for 60 seconds (or until the toothpick comes out clean).
- Add toppings like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or sprinkles!
5. Non-Bake Dessert: Dirt Pudding Cups Recipe
The name itself for this recipe may not sound appetizing, but the taste of it will change your mind forever. This dessert is made of crushed cookies and gummy worms to make a creepy yet yummy treat!
Ingredients Needed to Make Dirt Pudding Cups Recipe
- Package of Oreo cookies
- 1 pack chocolate instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cool whipped cream
- Gummy worms
How to Make Dirt Pudding Cups Recipe
- First, put the Oreos in a ziploc bag, and then crush them until you get very small, fine crumbs.
- Next, pour the dry chocolate pudding mixture into a large bowl. Add the milk and whisk together, until it is lump free.
- Let the pudding sit and thicken for a few minutes.
- Next, add the whipped cream and half of the Oreo crumbs to the bowl, and mix completely.
- Divide the pudding mixture evenly between cups.
- Add a few gummy worms to the dirt, and press down a little so they are stuck in the mud.
- Pour cookie crumbs on top as the top layer of dirt.
more fall recipes for the Whole Family to enjoy from kids activities blog
What is your favorite fall dessert? Comment below!