I love fall for all of the fun ingredients that come alive this time of year…including all those yummy treats–like these 5 Easy Desserts for Fall!
Easy to Make Fall Desserts
This post contains affiliate links.
Do you love this time of year because of the food? You’re not alone! Nothing beats gathering with loved ones in a snug and cozy house while hearty and delicious meals and treats bake away!
I don’t always have as much time to spend in the kitchen as I would like, so I keep an arsenal of easy fall deserts for kids, and the whole family.
Easy Nutella Brownies
This recipe is perfect for a last minute dessert idea. Burnt Macaroni‘s Easy Nutella Brownies only take about 30 minutes to prepare. They’re as delicious as they are simple!
Oreo Pudding Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake mix plus ingredients for cake (eggs, oil, water)
- 2 4 oz packages instant Oreo Pudding
- 3 cups Milk
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- Crushed Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish, and make cake, according to instructions.
- When cake is finished, let cool, and poke holes all over it with a wooden spoon handle.
- In a medium bowl, add milk to dry pudding mix, and whisk until lumps are removed. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Pour thickened mixture over holes of cake, and spread over cake.
- Cover with Cool Whip (or another whipped cream).
- Put in the fridge to cool completely.
- Crush 6-8 Oreos to sprinkle on top.
Apple Pie Rolls
If you love the smell of an apple pie baking in your kitchen, this dessert is perfect for you. Burnt Macaroni‘s yummy Apple Pie Rolls can also be served for a weekend brunch, or as a snack after apple picking!
Chocolate Mug Cake
Talk about easy! This chocolate mug cake recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare and makes the perfect amount of cake for one person.
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Put milk and butter pieces in a 14-ounce microwavable mug.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, to allow the butter to melt.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Then, mix with a fork.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and then microwave on high for 60 seconds (or until the toothpick comes out clean).
- Add toppings like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or sprinkles!
Easy Fall No-Bake Dessert: Dirt Pudding Cups
- Package of Oreos cookies
- 1 package Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip whipped cream
- Gummy Worms
- Put Oreos in a ziplock back and crush them until you get very small, fine crumbs
- Pour dry chocolate pudding mixture in a large bowl. Add the milk and whisk together until it is lump free
- Let the pudding sit and thicken for a few minutes
- Add the whipped cream and half of the Oreo crumbs to the bowl and mix completely
- Divide the pudding mixture evenly between cups
- Add a few gummy worms to the dirt and press down a little so they are stuck in the mud
- Pour cookie crumbs on top as the top layer of dirt
Fall Crafts for Kids
Looking for fun, fall-related crafts to do to stay busy while your treats are in the oven?
Fall is my family’s favorite time of year! It’s also one of our favorite crafting seasons. Crafts are a great way to keep little hands busy while waiting for delicious fall treats to bake! One of my daughter’s favorite fall crafts is making tissue paper leaves. We love to create colorful tissue paper leaf garlands to decorate the house with. It’s a fun craft that grows with the child! When my daughter was a toddler, the tearing and rolling of the tissue paper and the gluing helped with her hand-eye coordination development. As she has grown older, it has still remained a fun (and educational) tradition! Lately, she has been practicing measurements, and determining how long of a garland we need for different areas in our house.
As far as fun fall crafts for mom to make, I am so excited to try making a pumpkin decoration out of some old books I bought from a garage sale this summer!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of time spent in the kitchen is the excuse to buy new kitchen toys! Here are some of our must-have items:
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Garlic Press
Fall Crafts and Activities for the Whole Family!
- 180 Gorgeous Fall Crafts
- 24 Super Fun Preschool Fall Crafts
- Fall Popsicle Stick Crafts
- 6 Fall Apple Crafts for Kids
What is your favorite fall dessert? Comment below!