Isn’t it funny how we all have a fascination with foods made on a stick, or in one pan or even in a bag! Today on Family Food Live with Holly & Chris, we shared 5 Comfort Foods Made in a Bag!
Join us every Wednesday & Friday at 12 Noon CST on the Quirky Momma Facebook page or on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page. And just so you don’t miss a show, make sure you like my page so you can be notified when we begin!
We are also excited to tell you about an amazing event we are going to be part of. You can see us live at the Texas Pinners Conference & Expo on September 9th & 10th. We are going to be doing one of our Family Food Live with Holly & Chris shows live at the conference on Friday, September 9th at 12 noon. Please join us at the Arlington Convention Center!
If you want to learn more about it or pick up some tickets, go here now. Please use the code: FAMILYFOOD so we know you’ll be coming. You can also use the code: FREESHOPPING to get free access to the trade show floor.
We hope to see you there!
And now on to today’s show!
Here are today’s recipes!
Homemade Spicy French Fries
If you like french fries, you will love spicy fries. These Homemade Spicy French Fries are the perfect compliment to a late summer bbq. I am going to make two versions. The second will be less spicy but still really good!
Parmesan Popcorn in a Bag
- 1/3 cup Popcorn Kernels
- Brown paper bag
- 1/2 stick Butter, melted
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Put popcorn kernels in brown paper bag and fold over the bag one or two times
- Put bag in microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes or until the popping stops
- Pour the popcorn into a bowl
- Add the melted butter, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt to the popcorn
- Put back in bag and shake
- Roll over top of the bag and enjoy your popcorn
Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad in a Bag
If you love Caesar salad, you will love it made in a bag. This easy Homemade Chicken Caesar Salad in a Bag, will change your mind about making your own Caesar salad dressing.
S’Mores in a Bag
- Bag of cookies
- Hershey Chocolate
- Over a flame (on the stove or campfire), toast two marshmallows so they are golden brown
- Open a bag of cookies and add cut up pieces of Hershey chocolates
- Add the hot marshmallows to the bag and let the heat melt the chocolate
- Eat out of the bag
Or catch me on Monday’s at 12 Noon CST Live on the Burnt Macaroni Facebook page!
Here are a few of our favorite products from Family Food Live (affiliate links)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Peel
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press