Watermelon slushies are the perfect summer treat! This easy watermelon slushie recipe only requires two ingredients and they are both summer staples: watermelon and lemonade! Take advantage of watermelon season and escape the heat with these easy to make watermelon homemade slushies. Kids will love making these icy treats and the results are delicious.
WaterMelon Slushie Recipe Perfect for Summer
Now these watermelon slushies are designed with kids in mind but I’ve got to say I enjoy them just as much as my preschooler! It’s like sucking summer through a straw!
Related: More easy ways how to make slushies
We love making homemade drinks for kids in the summer and think that this easy slushie recipe is one of the quickest if you start with pre-frozen watermelon.
Related: More easy slush syrup recipes
This article contains affiliate links.
Ingredients Needed To Make Watermelon Slushies
- 4 cups frozen watermelon
- 1/2 cup lemonade – store bought or use our favorite homemade lemonade recipe
Directions to Make Homemade Watermelon Slushie Recipe
Step 1 – Freeze Your Watermelon
- Freeze: First you will need to freeze your watermelon.
- How We Cut the Watermelon for Freezing: To make this a kid-friendly activity you can cut your watermelon in half and slice a small piece off of the rounded end so that it sits flat. Then your child can create watermelon pieces with a melon baller or spoon. (If your kid is anything like mine, there will be a lot of sampling, which means this activity counts as snack time too!)
- Freeze Melon Pieces on Parchment Paper: Place the melon pieces on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Now get them in the freezer.
- Leave Overnight in Freezer: We left our watermelon pieces in the freezer overnight to fully freeze, but you could place them for 4 or more hours which will usually get them frozen enough to make slushies.
- How to Store Frozen Watermelon Pieces: Once your pieces are frozen you can store them in a freezer bag until you’re ready to make a slushy. We like to have some on hand so we can make them immediately.
Now the fun part.
Step 2 – Combine Ingredients in Blender
Place your lemonade and frozen watermelon pieces in the blender. Secure the lid and let your little one push the button. Blitz until smooth.
Note: Depending on the power of your blender you might need to wait until the watermelon thaws a bit. You can also add more lemonade to help it along.
Step 3 – Serve & Enjoy Homemade Slushies
Pour your slushies into cups, add straws, and slurp! Be careful you don’t get a brain freeze! Enjoy!
- 4 cups frozen watermelon
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- Cut your watermelon into small pieces or use a melon baller.
- Freeze the watermelon on parchment paper or wax paper overnight.
- Combine the frozen watermelon and lemonade in a blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
MORE DRINK RECIPES WE LOVE FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Cool dry ice drinks are…cool!
- Make butterbeer at home!!
- Pineapple drinks are perfect for summer.
- Fruit bubble tea recipe that is super fun.
- Making homemade gatorade is easier than you might think!
- What about a homemade slurpee?
- Quick and easy slushy syrup recipe!
Looking for more summery snacks? Try these Freezer Banana Pops.
The next time you’re in the mood for a frozen treat, make these Watermelon Slushies, you and your kids will love them!