These toothpick crafts are perfect for kids of all ages, especially younger kids. So much is possible with everyday items from around the house, and the kitchen cupboard is the first place to start!
Toothpick Construction Ideas For Kids
I’ve roundup up some wonderfully varied ideas for using toothpicks in art and craft activities, from simple construction ideas to craft ideas, art activities and cool ideas for older children.
Jump on to see all 20 great ideas and prepare to be amazed!!
The best part is, these also double as STEM activities!
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Want more toothpick crafts and fun? It’s fun and educational.
Toothpick Crafts Using Food
1. Toothpick and Marshmallow Sculptures
I love this variation with melty beads via The Artful Parent
2. Stacking Cereal Rings For Breakfast
Playing with food just got fun-er!! and without them being aware they are threading and practicing their fine motor skills and hand eye coordination via danyabanya
3. Building with Grapes
What’s not to love?! an easy activity that leads to hours of independent play via teachingmama
4. Building with Candy Hearts
Make a 3D heart, a truck complete with wheels or symmetrical stacks – one of the coolest things to watch is a child’s imagination on the loose. See the magic on lemonlimeadventures
5. Building Structures With Gumdrops
And watch the fun continue with gumdrops!!
More Toothpick Craft Projects
6. Introduction to Engineering!
Incorporate a little fun engineering into your kids activities – kids love building!! via babbledabbledo
7. Fine Motor Skills Toothpick Drop
Such a simple activity – great for children’s fine motor skills and hand eye coordination via frogsandsnailsandpuppydogtail
8. Playing With Play Dough and Toothpicks
An absolute hit!! Enjoy doing this in any house via thingstoshareandremember
Crafting With Toothpicks
9. String Art
Using Styrofoam, toothpicks, and string to make some colorful 3-D string art! love this from buggyandbuddy
10. Dying Toothpicks For Crafty Goodness
I’m loving how bright and colourful toothpicks can be used for treat toppers via momdot
11. Sticky Window Art
This activity uses matchsticks but you can absolute replicate with toothpicks via alittlelearningfortwo
12. Quick Recycled Bath Time Sail Boats
used our bit of Styrofoam and made 4 sail boats for the kids to play with in the bath one evening. Super simple and tons of fun in the bath too! via powerfulmothering
13. Pool Noodle Toothpick Boats
AND how cool are these colourful pool noodle and toothpick boats via littlebinsforlittlehands
Art Activities Using Toothpicks
14. Rainbow Painting With Marshmallows
A sweet preschool painting activity with a twist! via creeksidelearning
15. Painting With Ice
Toothpick come into their own with this fun fun fun activity via Laughingkidslearn
16. Toothpick Painting
This is so easy, kids of all ages will love the designs they can make with a little paint, glue or decoupage, and toothpicks via club.chicacircle
17. Milk Painting
And check out this glorious Milk Painting variation from modernparentsmessykids
And A Few Toothpick Projects For Older Kids
18. Weaving With Toothpicks
Weaving a mandala brooch with wool and toothpicks – very clever. via icreativeideas
19. Paper Spinners
A small spinner made from a toothpick and brightly colored paper strips via krokotak
20. DIY Wrapping Stars
How pretty are these toothpick and wash tape stars for DIY wrapping!! via ohcrafts
MORE STEM ACTIVITIES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
For more kids science activities and STEM projects, take a look at these:
- If you are looking for science projects for 4 year olds, we got ya covered!
- Science Activity: Pillow Stacking <–it is fun!
- Create your own LEGO instruction books with this fun STEM idea for kids.
- Build this solar system model for kids
- You already have the red cups from this STEM project, so here is another one in a red cup challenge which is a cup building project.
- Follow along the simple steps to how to fold a paper airplane and then host your own paper airplane challenge!
- Build this straw tower STEM challenge!
- Got a lot of building bricks at home? This LEGO STEM activity can put those bricks to good learning use.
- Here are a bunch more STEM activities for kids!
Which toothpick projects did you try? Let us know down below!