Puppets have been entertaining children and adults alike for literally thousands of years. There are different theories as to when puppetry originated, but everyone seems to agree that it’s been at least 3,000 years that they’ve been in existence! If you’re searching for some fun puppets for kids, we’ve hit the jackpot.
Puppets for Kids
There are many different kinds of puppets too. Some puppets are small and fit on a child’s fingers, while others are larger and use the entire hand to animate. You can make them from fabric, socks, paper, felt, sticks and even gloves and mittens. There are 26 different puppets for kids here, and at the end of this collection you will find 26 MORE!
- Terry & Terri Finger Puppets – Living Locurto
- Bunny Finger Puppets – Purl Bee
- Silly Shape Finger Puppets – So Here’s My Life
- Oven Mitt Shark Puppet – Dollar Store Crafts
- Old McDonald Hand Puppets – Just Another Day in Paradise
- Bath Time Hand Puppet – Things for Boys
- Garden Bug Glove Puppets – Betters Homes and Gardens
- Paint Stick Clown Puppets – Kids Activities Blog
- Stick Puppets from Children’s Art – Kids Activities Blog
- Spider Stick Puppets – The Craft Train
- Ninja Turtle Stick Puppet – One Artsy Mama
Paper Bag Puppets
- Classic Paper Bag Puppets – Kids Activities Blog
- Paper Bag Pirate Puppet – Crafts by Amanda
- Perry the Platypus Paper Bag Puppet – Chatting Over Chocolate
- Paper Bag Lion Puppet – Meaningful Mama
- Cat Sock Puppet – Diana Schoenbrun
- Monster Sock Puppet – Cincy Shopper
- Horse Sock Puppet – Red Ted Art
- Full Size Puppet Theater – Skip to My Lou
- Wild West Puppet Theater – Crafts Unleashed
- Doorway Puppet Theater – Skip to My Lou
- Circus Tent Puppet Theater – Childhood 101
- Craft Stick Puppet Theater – Crafts by Amanda
- Medieval Puppet Theater – Crafts n Coffee
Still want to see more?
I ™ve collected ANOTHER 26 puppet ideas, all different from the ones above. So be sure to click over for 26 MORE kid’s puppets!
Still not enough? You can find all of these puppets plus even MORE on this puppet Pinterest board!