This holiday decorate a stocking with this free kids printable. This is a fun holiday craft and festive Christmas activity to do with the whole family. Kids of all ages and adults can design their own stocking after downloading the stocking template.
Stocking Paper Craft for Kids
Grab your crayons, add glitter and stickers and fun decorations. You can decorate the mantle or hand on the fridge with your paper stockings. This is an easy Christmas activity that kids of all ages can participate in and make something uniquely theirs at this time of the year.
This article contains affiliate links.
- White printer paper
- Free stocking template – see red button below to download
- Things to color the stocking with: watercolor paint, acrylic paint, crayons, markers or colored pencils
- Things to decorate your stocking with: glitter and glue, glitter glue, stickers, etc.
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- (Optional) Second set of stocking printables or red construction paper sheet
Directions to Make Your Stocking Paper Craft
Step 1 – Download & Print
You can use regular printer paper for this stocking craft and black ink. Print out one sheet for each stocking you want to make.
Here is the printable stocking template or stocking coloring page pdf file:
Step 2 – Cut Out the Stocking Template Pieces
Using scissors, cut out all the pieces for your stocking.
Step 3 – Decorate Your Stocking
Now comes the fun part…start decorating your own stocking!
Here I used crayons, colored pencils and glitter glue to decorate our stocking.
Step 4 – Assemble Your Stocking
Using glue, assemble your stocking pieces together. You can hang your completed stocking using the little paper loop that is included on the printable.
I also used a piece of red card stock or red construction paper to put on the back of my stocking to make it easier to hang, but you can use just the printable if you’d like.
You can also make a stocking that will actually hold treats by cutting out a second sock shape from another printed stocking template or a piece of red construction paper and gluing the two pieces together along the edge. Make sure not to glue the tops of the socks together or you’ll end up without a pocket to put your treats.
Use the Printable Stocking Template Different Ways
1. Felt Stocking Template
There are so many fun ways to decorate a stocking. If you’d like to make a stocking a little more fancy, try using the printable as a template to create your own felt stocking and decorate with buttons and sequins.
Related: Make kids Christmas stockings with this easy no-sew tutorial
2. Use the Stocking Template as a Stocking Coloring Page
This stocking printable for Christmas can double as a stocking coloring page.
Related: Color our stocking coloring page for holiday fun
Have fun, get creative and then hang them up for everyone to see!
More Christmas Printable Crafts Kids Will Love
MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Check out our massive list of Christmas crafts for kids!
- Download and print our favorite Christmas printables.
- Christmas handprint arts and crafts for kids of all ages.
- These Christmas crafts will keep the entire holiday party busy!
- These preschool Christmas crafts are great for classroom or a little preschooler fun at home.
- These Popsicle stick Christmas crafts are so fun to make and festive to display during the holiday season.
- These Nightmare Before Christmas crafts are so much fun.
- Check out this easy wreath craft for kids.
- Have some easy craft fun with these pipe cleaner Christmas crafts.
How did your paper stocking craft turn out?