Today we have the cutest printable memory game. It is the perfect way to stay inside and play a preschool winter memory game with kids. This free memory games printable is an easy card matching game. Kids can test their memory skills and learn how to be a gracious winner or loser with this winter themed printable matching game.
The Game of Memory Is A Simple Matching Game
Memory Games are great for kids of all ages because reading is not required making it a perfect activity for the entire family to play together even toddlers and preschoolers. Young learners can be competitive and develop pre reading skills, fine motor skills, visual discrimination skills, social skills and memorization skills.
Related: Memory Game Ideas for Kids & Adults
We have instructions for playing fun printable memory games alone, head to head or even in a small group. It is a great way to transform different images into a great time.
Printable Memory Game
This free printable matching game set comes with 9 printable cards and a cute dot background so you can make your own printable card game set perfect for early learners, first graders or older children. Click blue button to download the memory game:
Even if it is too cold to play outside this winter, these free matching printables are a wonderful way to celebrate winter with a fabulous memory challenge. A penguin, mittens, and even a snowflake are included in the 9 cute winter images in this printable memory game set.
How to Make the Matching Game Cards
- Download the printable game set – see blue button below for free pdf file.
- Print the background page from the printable on one side & turn the regular paper over and print the card images on the same piece of paper. Use card stock for a thicker card.
- Print out two copies of the memory game sheets and you’ll have a full memory game you can play with your child.
- Cut out the memory game cards.
How To Play Memory Game
- Lay all the cards face down on the table.
- Each player takes a turn choosing two cards.
- Turn the cards over to see what the images are.
- If the images match, the player gets to keep the matching pair of cards and take another turn. If the cards do not match, turn the cards face down in their original places and the next player takes a turn.
- Keep playing until all the cards are gone.
- The person with the most pairs wins.
Use Printable Cards to Make Winter Theme Go Fish Game
You can also use these winter playing cards for a game of Go Fish. Or any of the types of game ideas that you might use regular playing cards…fun game suggestions: add a winter theme with your own customized cards!
Make 2 to 4 sets of cards to play.
Download Preschool Memory Game pdf File Here
Printable Memory Game for Adults
While this concentration game had kindergarten age children and younger kids in mind when designed, the art of Jen Goode has no age limit! Memory games for adults have been gaining in popularity because they help exercise our brains. Memory games for seniors have become a daily habit!
Grab the kids or grandkids and play a game of memory together…or play the one player option.
One Player Memory Game Rules
If you are playing a solitaire version of memory, then here are some simple guidelines:
- Lay the cards out face down like the traditional game.
- (Optional) Grab a stop watch to time your game.
- Turn over 2 cards at a time.
- If the cards match, then add them to a pile of paired memory cards.
- If the cards do not match, then turn them back over and try again.
- When all the cards are gone, your game is over.
- Work for the best time.
More Fun Printable Games to Play from Kids Activities Blog
- Print our Christmas version of Memory which is the best Christmas games for preschoolers.
- Printable Seek and Find Games – super fun worksheets for preschoolers.
- We all have some of the false memories from childhood! Check them out!
- Memory games for 4 year olds — this is our insect version of Memory that is fun year round!
- We adore these wintery January coloring pages!
- Play a hands-on DIY missing item memory game with limitless play options…
- Have younger kids that want to play? Check out our printable memory game for toddlers. This one has a Halloween theme, but is scary cute no matter if the calendar says October.
- Try this what is missing memory game for preschoolers!
Have some indoor fun today making and playing the Winter Memory Game.