Stay warm inside and play a preschool winter memory game today with this free kids printable.
Memory Games are great for kids of all ages because reading is not required making it a perfect activity for the entire family to play together.
This free printable game set comes with 9 printable cards and a cute dot background so you can make your own printable card game set.
Preschool Winter Memory Game
A penguin, mittens, and even a snowflake are included in the 9 cute winter images in this memory game set. Print out two sheets and you’ll have a full memory game you can play with your child.
To make the game cards –
- Download the printable (see below)
- Print the background page from the printable on one side & turn the paper over and print the card images on the same piece of paper. Use card stock for a thicker card.
- Cut out the memory game cards.
How To Play Memory Game –
- Lay all the cards face down on the table.
- Each player takes a turn choosing two cards.
- Turn the cards over to see what the images are.
- If the images match, the player gets to keep the cards and take another turn. If the cards do not match, turn the cards face down in their original places and the next player takes a turn.
- Keep playing until all the cards are gone.
- The person with the most pairs wins.
Use Printable Cards to Make Go Fish Game
You can also use these winter playing cards for a game of Go Fish.
Make 2 to 4 sets of cards to play.
Download Preschool Memory Game here:
Printable Memory Game for Adults
While this game had kids in mind when designed, the art of Jen Goode has no age limit! Memory games for adults have been gaining in popularity because they help exercise our brains. Memory games for seniors have become a daily habit!
Grab the kids or grandkids and play a game of memory together…or play the one player option.
One Player Memory Game Rules
If you are playing a solitaire version of memory, then here are some simple guidelines:
- Lay the cards out face down like the traditional game.
- (Optional) Grab a stop watch to time your game.
- Turn over 2 cards at a time.
- If the cards match, then add them to a pile of paired memory cards.
- If the cards do not match, then turn them back over and try again.
- When all the cards are gone, your game is over.
- Work for the best time.
More Fun Printable Games to Play from Kids Activities Blog
- Print our Christmas version of Memory which is the best Christmas games for preschoolers.
- Printable Seek and Find Games – super fun worksheets for preschoolers.
- Memory games for 4 year olds — this is our insect version of Memory that is fun year round!
- Play a hands-on DIY missing item memory game with limitless play options…
- Have younger kids that want to play? Check out our printable memory game for toddlers. This one has a Halloween theme, but is scary cute no matter if the calendar says October.
Have some indoor fun today making and playing the Winter Memory Game.