Every morning and I mean every morning, my three-year-old would look at me and say, “Mommy, did you buy my chocolate milk?” He meant to say chocolate syrup, but I knew what he was trying to ask. I’d give him an oops look and say, “Oh no, I forgot again.” He even got to the point of “scolding” me for forgetting after the first week. It’s been three weeks of me forgetting to buy chocolate syrup at the grocery store, so I decided to improvise with some cinnamon vanilla milk.
let’s make cinnamon vanilla milk recipe
One morning I heard his little steps coming down the stairs, I knew I had to come up with plan B. I made some Cinnamon Vanilla Milk for the kids.
My mom used to make warm milk for us in the morning. I hated it, mostly because she didn’t add anything to it and I couldn’t stand the smell. But Cinnamon Vanilla Milk is a whole different story.
This article contains affiliate links.
Cinnamon Vanilla Milk ingredients
- 1 Cinnamon stick – Palo de canela (listen to the Spanish pronunciation)
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla – Vainilla (listen to the Spanish pronunciation)
- 2.5 cups milk – Leche (listen to the Spanish pronunciation)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar – Azucar morena (listen to the Spanish pronunciation)
directions to make cinnamon vanilla milk
Place all of the above ingredients over low to medium heat in a small saucepan.
Make sure to stir the entire time it’s over the heat (3 min or until it’s hot).
Note that you may want to add more or less sugar.
Serve and enjoy!
how to serve vanilla milk recipe
The lovely thing about this drink is that it can be served warm or cold. If you want to make it a treat, add whipped cream on top and a dash of cinnamon for a kid’s version of Vanilla Latte.
our experience making vanilla milk recipe
My kids loved it! It was easy, healthier than chocolate syrup, and delicious. Also, since we’ve been trying to find ways to make Spanish fun, we turned this into a language learning lesson. There are only a few ingredients so I taught them the names in Spanish. When you say the words in Spanish you might want to hear them first online to make sure you’re pronouncing them correctly.
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 2.5 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place all of the above ingredients over low to medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Make sure to stir the entire time it’s over the heat (3 min or until it’s hot).
- Note that you may want to add more or less sugar.
more kid-friendly recipes
- For more cooking with kids, check out this Making Bread with Kids 25+ Recipes!
Have you tried this easy cinnamon vanilla milk recipe? Comment down below how much your kids love it!