These upcycling ideas for kids are amazing and fun ways to make upcycled toys! These upcycling ideas for kids are really great for kids of all ages. While younger kids may not be able to set all these upcycled toys up, they will surely have a great time playing with them.
Upcycled Toys For Kids
These upcycled toys take things that you would normally throw away and renews them! This is a great way to teach kids to use their imagination and the benefits of recycling.
Upcycled Toys to Make at Home
1. Make Your Own Shape Sorter Toy
Make a Shape Sorter! Take a large piece of cardboard from an empty box and cut wholes in it the same size for a quick and easy shape sorter.
2. DIY Easy Tilt Puzzle Toy
Try making this Easy Tilt Puzzle. Use a few simple things at your house to make this maze tilt toy.
3. Homemade Fine Motor Skill Dashboard Toy
Save some cardboard to make this Fine Motor Dashboard. Make it super fun to use those small muscles in the hand with an Easy DIY car dashboard!
4. Make Your Own Pom Pom Soccer Game
Use simple craft supplies to make Pom Pom Soccer Game. This is great indoor fun for a winter day. You can even build your own miniature crowd to cheer you on!
5. DIY Cardboard Fishing Pole Toy
Love fishing? Then make this Cardboard Fishing Pole. This paper tube fishing pole really reels! Use a magnet on the end of your string to pick up other magnetic objects.
6. Cutting Practice Activity
Cutting Practice Spider is a great way to practice fine motor skills. Give your preschooler some scissor practice and some giggles with this fun activity.
7. Homemade Truck Toys
Truck Toys are so much fun. Turn shrinky dinks into cars that actually roll!
8. Make Your Own Lid Wheel Toys
Recycle old Tupperware lids to make Lid Wheels. With plastic food lids you can make a decoder wheel or a fun family faces wheel.
9. DIY Finger Puppets
Who doesn’t love Finger Puppets?! Make quick and easy bug finger puppets using baby food pouch caps and pipe cleaners!
10. Homemade Play Parachute
A Play Parachute is perfect for pretend play. Make your own play parachute from just three simple things you’ve got laying around the house.
11. Make Your Own Maracas
Maracas are a fun way to make music. You can make a fun noise maker out of plastic water bottles, a paper towel roll and beads!
12. DIY Abacus Toy
A DIY Abacus is a great way to practice counting. Turn a cardboard box into an abacus! String beads onto pipe cleaners and follow these instructions for assembly.
13. Homemade Ribbon Pull Toys
Practice fine motor skills with this Ribbon Pull toy. This easy DIY Toddler Toy helps to develop fine motor skills, specifically the pincer grasp.
14. Make Your Own Robot Shrinky Dink Toys
Jointed Robot from Shrinky Dinks are an absolute blast!
15. DIY Clipping Toy
Get plenty of fine motor skill practice with this Clipping Toy. This fun upcycled toy will keep kids entertained and work on their fine motor skills.
16. Homemade Packing Peanut Sculptures
Packing peanut sculptures are not only fun to make, but even more fun to play with.
More Upcycling Ideas From Kids Activities Blog
- Here are 15 cool ways to upcycle an old crib.
- Wow, here are 15 fun ways kids can upcycle old cd’s.
- Did you know you can upcycle old board games to make cards?
- I love these 16 DIY toys you can make with empty boxes.
- Try making these DIY clings.
- Fun crafts that also double as toys!
- We have a big list of DIY toys you can make!
- This electronic UNO toy is perfect for babies and toddlers.
- Try freezing your kids toys for a new fun experience!
What upcycling ideas do you have? Have you tried any of these DIY toys?