These upcycled toys take things that you would normally throw away and renews them! This is a great way to teach kids to use their imagination and the benefits of recycling.
15 Upcycled Toys to Make at Home
1. Shape Sorter – Take a large piece of cardboard from an empty box and cut wholes in it the same size for a quick and easy shape sorter.
2. Easy Tilt Puzzle – Use a few simple things at your house to make this maze tilt toy.
3. Fine Motor Dashboard – Make it super fun to use those small muscles in the hand with aneEasy DIY car dashboard!
4. Pom Pom Soccer Game – This is great indoor fun for a winter day. You can even build your own miniature crowd to cheer you on!
5. Cardboard Fishing Pole – This paper tube fishing pole really reels! Use a magnet on the end of your string to pick up other magnetic objects.
6. Cutting Practice Spider – Give your preschooler some scissor practice and some giggles with this fun activity.
7. Truck Toys – Turn shrinky dinks into cars that actually roll!
8. Lid Wheels – With plastic food lids you can make a decoder wheel or a fun family faces wheel.
9. Finger Puppets – Make quick and easy bug finger puppets using baby food pouch caps and pipe cleaners!
10. Play Parachute – Make your own play parachute from just three simple things you’ve got laying around the house.
11. Maracas – You can make a fun noise maker out of plastic water bottles, a paper towel roll and beads!
12. DIY Abacus – Turn a cardboard box into an abacus! String beads onto pipe cleaners and follow these instructions for assembly.
13. Ribbon Pull – This easy DIY Toddler Toy helps to develop fine motor skills, specifically the pincer grasp.
14. Jointed Robot from Shrinky Dinks
15. Clipping Toy – This fun upcycled toy will keep kids entertained and work on their fine motor skills.