Pretend play sparks our kids imaginations. With the power of pretend they can be anything they want to be! Encourage your children to use their imaginations and play pretend with them.
1. Have fun and teach kids about following directions by pretending to be Dora and Diego!
2. Make your daughters pretend make-up by using old containers and nail polish. She can practice playing beauty shop with her friends and her dolls.
3. Grab your toy cash register and fake money and set up a pretend grocery store. This is a fun game to play and also throws in a little math practice as well.
4. An ode to Doc McStuffins: take care of those old worn out teddy bears by setting up a pretend veterinarian’s office. This post has some great free printables to get you started.
5. Use these free printables to set up your own veterinary clinic!
6. Learn all about recycling by setting up a pretend recycling center. Get scraps of paper and other recyclable materials and let them sort into different bins.
7. Make a pretend doctor kit with items found in your medicine cabinets and bandage up old toys that need a little TLC.
8. Here are 10 ideas for dress-up play so kids can pretend to be their favorite character, person or profession.
9. Easily make your own DIY doctor kit and let your kids pretend to be a doctor and let them take care of dolls as patients.
10. What could be more fun than pretending to be mom? Let them come up with ways to pretend to be mom for an afternoon.
11. Pretend to be an American Idol contestant! This is so fun and so easy to set up.
12. Set up a doll diaper station and let your kids care for their little babies.
13. Make a mini elevator with a cardboard box!
14. This fun pretend post office is fun for leaving letters and notes for your family.
15. This elaborate pretend cookie shop would spark any kids imagination!
16. Quickly make a pretend stove with an empty storage tub.
17. Pretend to be a gardner and dig in the dirt and plant fake flowers.
18. You can pretend to be a princess, a knight, a teacher or a pirate with one of these fun play tents.
19. Set up a pretend animal hospital to encourage imagination and compassion. Give out pretend medicine, bandages, and take temperatures.
20. Go camping inside! Make this pretend camp fire for a fun indoor activity.